Setting up a website advice

Wife coaches for a youth rugby team in her spare time. Now needs to set up a website. Just a basic site really that describes what they are about, and shows pictures / bonfides of the coaches.
Preferably with a "login area" showing fixtures / times /dates etc.

Neither my wife, or I own a beard - or have any knowledge of HTMLs PHPs or other 'hardcore IT' type stuff.
What's the best way of achieving this?

Cheers

If you want to post pictures of your wife on the internet there are plenty of sites already for that type of thing.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Wife coaches for a youth rugby team in her spare time. Now needs to set up a website. Just a basic site really that describes what they are about, and shows pictures / bonfides of the coaches.

Neither my wife, or I own a beard - or have any knowledge of HTMLs PHPs or other 'hardcore IT' type stuff.

Cheers
If it's just a fairly unflashy site for parents etc. you'll not be wanting to throw money at it so a pretty basic WYSIWYG editor should do you. No need to learn HTML, CSS or PHP. Wix or similar will see you right.

Sign up for a WordPress.com account, if you're not fussed about developing a site from scratch. You can get a professional-looking site up within ~20 minutes, the appearance is highly customisable, and WordPress.com will handle domain registration and setup for a small fee. I've found it highly reliable over the past decade I've been using it.

Statistics

Old-Salt

Cheers
The RFU GMS system provides free websites, lots of clubs using them now. Membership and fixtures all linked in too. RFU

Might be useful.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Bear in mind that if you have a login system that has any kind of validation, you will need to comply with the DPA, which also means you'll need to secure not just the website but also have the data segregated onto a 'backend' server.
I would also be wary of using Wordpress as it is notoriously easy to misconfigure, potentially leading to data loss or hijacking of the site to spread malware.
Setting up a basic non-interactive webite is pretty easy - make sure YOU register the domain name, not a hosting company though, many tempt you in with 'easy to use' website templates, which are just that. What they don't tell you is that they own the domain name and charge you 'rent' to use it, the rent will only ever go up....

Latest Threads