Setting Up A GRU-Style Troll Farm

I wonder how much it would cost to employ a team of Nigerian scammers to switch fire for a week and spend their time posting memes about political leaders' wives having suspiciously large bulges in their crotches and flood social media with unfeasible posts and conspiracy theories.

I wonder how much it would cost to employ a team of Nigerian scammers to switch fire for a week and spend their time posting memes about political leaders' wives having suspiciously large bulges in their crotches and flood social media with unfeasible posts and conspiracy theories.

About two florins, allegedly.

I can help with that I have an acquaintance who is a wealthy Nigerian prince, if you can just forward me your bank details I'll sort out the fine details.

I can help with that I have an acquaintance who is a wealthy Nigerian prince, if you can just forward me your bank details I'll sort out the fine details.
Phew! Could I presume on your good offices as to when my money may be expected? Berry Bros. are chasing me for payment of my bill.

Gotta think of some business development ideas. How about getting some contracts with local givernment? For example, people who complain about the quality of the council's refuse collection could have memes published suggesting that they throw live cats into their wheelie bins. Or encourage businesses to invest in your town/city by undermining the reputation of neighbouring regions with memes regurgitating harmful stereotypes and constantly filming spice zombies and putting the footage on YouTube as representatives of the area.

Instead of having a punch up outside a pub or stabbing a mandem for dissing you in a drill track, unleash a barrage of bots which will anonymously ruin your detractors reputation with carefully crafted memes delivered to their closest social media followers.

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Gotta think of some business development ideas. How about getting some contracts with local givernment? For example, people who complain about the quality of the council's refuse collection could have memes published suggesting that they throw live cats into their wheelie bins. Or encourage businesses to invest in your town/city by undermining the reputation of neighbouring regions with memes regurgitating harmful stereotypes and constantly filming spice zombies and putting the footage on YouTube as representatives of the area.

Instead of having a punch up outside a pub or stabbing a mandem for dissing you in a drill track, unleash a barrage of bots which will anonymously ruin your detractors reputation with carefully crafted memes delivered to their closest social media followers.
You're thinking too 20th century. What you really need is to tech and go micro.

App up and post an ICO. Target kids who are already doing this for lulz, and pay them for it! (Stick with me). Set up a charity and you can probably get a good few months of Facebook ads for free before they read the small print:

CYBER-BULLYING? We're here to help you. #sadface
Don't do it for free! Sign up here and you can earn up to 1,000 Trollits a week just by doxxing your mates. It's free crypto for doing what you love!

Pay 1 Trollit (TRO) for each post. Take 10% from each post as a transaction cost and gamify your app to drive engagement. Use that to push up TRO as quick and as fast as you can, so the crypto speculators take notice. Wait for TRO to bump from them all buying in to the next big thing, then when starts to plateau, take out a short on the currency, then convert all your TRO to a recognised crypto. Fuck the app up and crash TRO, reaping the profit from the short. Then cash in your recognised crypto, and laugh to the bank.

Done. Instant zillionaire. All that's required is an app developer and no moral compass. You might have to move to Thailand, but John_G can help out there!

Then I can sue you for IP theft and make a quick couple of million without being liable for currency manipulation.

You're thinking too 20th century. What you really need is to tech and go micro.

App up and post an ICO. Target kids who are already doing this for lulz, and pay them for it! (Stick with me). Set up a charity and you can probably get a good few months of Facebook ads for free before they read the small print:

CYBER-BULLYING? We're here to help you. #sadface
Don't do it for free! Sign up here and you can earn up to 1,000 Trollits a week just by doxxing your mates. It's free crypto for doing what you love!

Pay 1 Trollit (TRO) for each post. Take 10% from each post as a transaction cost and gamify your app to drive engagement. Use that to push up TRO as quick and as fast as you can, so the crypto speculators take notice. Wait for TRO to bump from them all buying in to the next big thing, then when starts to plateau, take out a short on the currency, then convert all your TRO to a recognised crypto. **** the app up and crash TRO, reaping the profit from the short. Then cash in your recognised crypto, and laugh to the bank.

Done. Instant zillionaire. All that's required is an app developer and no moral compass. You might have to move to Thailand, but John_G can help out there!

Then I can sue you for IP theft and make a quick couple of million without being liable for currency manipulation.
That's genius. You're right, I was thinking like a dinosaur. There's no need for physical premises and the 'employees' can use their own equipment and connections. Zero overheads.

That's genius. You're right, I was thinking like a dinosaur. There's no need for physical premises and the 'employees' can use their own equipment and connections. Zero overheads.
Pitch it to investors as being the first "TAAS" (Trolling As A Service). Make sure they know your technology platform will be based on NodeJS, Go, MongoDB, and micro-services using containers on a cloud platform (the preceding will not make sense to anyone without some contact with the IT business).

No modern social media platform is complete without collecting data about their users (or targets in this case). You can sell that data to advertisers so that companies can advertise anti-depressants to the targets of the trolling. For the American market, ads for AR-15 rifles and "tacti-cool" gear could also be aimed at moody suburban teenagers who suddenly find themselves under a barrage of trolling.

The best part of course will be that since you know both who is doing the trolling and who is being trolled, you can sell revenge counter-trolling services back to the original target.

Play your cards right and you could be the first troll billionaire.

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Pitch it to investors as being the first "TAAS" (Trolling As A Service). Make sure they know your technology platform will be based on NodeJS, Go, MongoDB, and micro-services using containers on a cloud platform (the preceding will not make sense to anyone without some contact with the IT business).

No modern social media platform is complete without collecting data about their users (or targets in this case). You can sell that data to advertisers so that companies can advertise anti-depressants to the targets of the trolling. For the American market, ads for AR-15 rifles and "tacti-cool" gear could also be aimed at moody suburban teenagers who suddenly find themselves under a barrage of trolling.

The best part of course will be that since you know both who is doing the trolling and who is being trolled, you can sell revenge counter-trolling services back to the original target.

Play your cards right and you could be the first troll billionaire.
MongoDB? NodeJS? Pfft. Nary a blockchain nor mischaracterised "AI" in sight.

2013 called. They want their investor strategies back.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Halftrack ARRSE: Site Issues 10
R Gunners 1
hudster1969 The NAAFI Bar 115