Setting fire to perfectly good booze

Alsacien

MIA
Just picked up a double filet mignon on offer at the supermarket. The better half was on for pepper cream sauce and spatzle - but I made a rare visit to the kitchen.

Diced inch thick medallions of pork, fried in flora type stuff, when almost done chucked in a generous pour of Calvados (VSOP) and flambee'd the porc (and the extractor), then chucked in the carton of cream and stirred for a minute.

Meantime the chips were ready and the fresh peas.

Who says blokes cannot cook - it was fantabulous!! :D

Somtimes you have to sacrifice good booze to achieve gastrnomic exellance,

hedgehog64 said:
tropper66 said:
Only if your gun barrels up to scratch eh?. :lol:
The cooking techniques mentioned in the other thread are only used in dire or survival situations, nowerdays I use a 2.1/2 ton van with all mod cons when roughing it,FFS I dont go camping without my George Foreman, and Aircon

tropper66 said:
hedgehog64 said:
tropper66 said:
Only if your gun barrels up to scratch eh?. :lol:
The cooking techniques mentioned in the other thread are only used in dire or survival situations, nowerdays I use a 2.1/2 ton van with all mod cons when roughing it,FFS I dont go camping without my George Foreman, and Aircon
Thank fook for that.I still bet you're the camp site boss.'check point charlie'. :D

jarrod248 said:
Try frying some black cherries in butter, add sugar to taste, pour on cognac and flambe. Nice with cream or ice-cream. I've not made it since I set the last cooker hood on fire, maybe too much cognac.
I remember learning to do that in a Crepe,when I was a 15 year old apprentic chef, set fire to myself a few times making crepe suzete

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
White_Spirit Charities and Welfare 2
LostBoss ARRSEpedia 1
R The NAAFI Bar 6