Set my arse on fire! Im thinking of joining up as AGC(ALS)

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by DrSauce, Dec 5, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Please advise. What kinda mind do I need to join the Army, in particular the AGC(ALS)? (Genuine advice or abuse, it's up to you what ya serve to me).

PS It seems that some of you chaps could do with a decent defence lawyer.

Cheers,

DrS :p

2. That'd rule out the ALS then!!!!

LH :D

3. Serious for a mo. Wouldn't you prefer a decent army defence lawyer or would you rather instruct a civvie solicitor?

4. Being serious for a mo, if I was in a situation that required a lawyer whilst still serving, I would want one that was completely independant of the system that was trying me. :wink:

5. When I left 4 years ago, the army were prosecutors and the RAF Legal Service did all the defence work. Perhaps you should join the crabs if you want to try and get paedos and rapists off!

6. When I left 4 years ago, the army were prosecutors and the RAF Legal Service did all the defence work. Perhaps you should join the crabs if you want to try and get paedos and rapists off!

Besides that only lawyers who can't cope in civi street join the forces to practice law. All the rest earn a fortune blowing tax payers money by abusing the legal aid system.

:D

7. Ask the same question in the RHQ and/or AGC forums, you might get someone whos in the AGC (ALS) to reply to you.
    We tend to be scab lifters, gob docs and split arrses in this here neck of the woods although we'll talk to anyone! :wink:

8. Fair play Fox. I didn't expect love and kisses. Although lawyers can be like umbrellas. Most of the time its clear skies but when it p*sses down then you're glad we're there.

I'll give that forum a try.

Cheers,

DrS :D