Serving UK soldier vanishes from London

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mover, Jun 13, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. No, the Met are... maybe his family think he is missing rather than AWOL. And for the Army's part he is AWOL unless otherwise determined.
  2. ****, that is one of our own and judging by the publicity this is not a common and garden awol.

I hope he is okay.
  3. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

he'll have been kidnapped and forced to marry his 14 year old cousin.
  4. Article said 'missing from london', not 'missing from norfolk'
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Facebook him:

i agree - squaddies go AWOL all the time - something sinister going on here.
  6. Hmm... could be!
  7. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

you didi notice that they arent looking for a trooper smith?

marriage or honor killing
  8. Perhaps he was in the King's Troop Royal Horse Artillery - they are very adept at doing vanishing acts in the centre of London (Trooping the Colour- Sat).
    • Like Like x 1
  9. i think he's Turkish, maybe they need him for the new Kebab shop opening in Catterick Garrison?
  10. There must be something that's not being reported on to make his family think he's missing instead of just AWOL.
  11. maybe he's off to b.a.o.r. to see if he can get a medal.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Since when did we start desxcribing "UK" soldiers instead of "British" soldiers?
  13. since this one isn't British?

i agree though - soldiers in the British Army regardless of country of origin should always be referred to as 'British Soldiers'.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Clearly there is intel on this we are not yet privvy too.

You know we shouldn't speculate but I hope to god is it not fundamentalists..... Is there a perceived threat in Southwark? I know from having worked in the area there is a large ethnic population in the borough