Serving regular Lieutenant Colonel - no medals?

Or a LSGC could just be an office clerk n that like seriously Half Col with no medals yet I'm a Lance jack with a Afghan OSM And a UN Medal.... Maybe he could just be one of those transfered from AGC......

I'm not an expert in this, but here's a pic of Field Marshal the Lord Inge with "only" four medals. (He's got three more than me) but he's got some serious tin below that rack. But rank does not necessarily mean medals by the look of it. I've seen some very large racks on junior nco's say on Remembrance Sunday.
image.jpeg

Saw that the CO of 3 AAC appears to have no medals. It got me thinking - is this possible? Can one make it to half-colonel, in this day and age, without any ribbons at all? Surely, he must have at least a QDJM?
Some people dont bother wearing them for a practice.

Too late for Op Banner;
L-plate pilot in the 90s;
A1 pilot, therefore, straight to QHI;
He's wearing foreign wings on the right breast - possibly exchange QHI on Apache;
Who knows, but he may just have fallen through the Op/Gong trap.

ETA: Good point about the Golden and Diamond Jubilee gongs, though.

Was reading this article - RAF and Army Air Corps prepare for Royal Wedding at Suffolk bases | Daily Mail Online

Saw that the CO of 3 AAC appears to have no medals. It got me thinking - is this possible? Can one make it to half-colonel, in this day and age, without any ribbons at all? Surely, he must have at least a QDJM?
What do you suppose this aircrew is practicing doing on the Wedding Day? Taking the happy couple to Windsor and leaving the hatch open so Meghan can get a good squint at London.. One abrupt bank later and oops. ;-)
RAF Apache Helicopter.JPG

Tim Lawrence, then a captain RN, during an onboard reception during a ship’s visit to New York, had the QM -leading hand gangway staff replaced (required to be in no’s 1s) because he had quite an impressive display of tin, as opposed to Timmy’s one buckshee garter one or whatever it was at the time (96).

I'm not an expert in this, but here's a pic of Field Marshal the Lord Inge with "only" four medals. (He's got three more than me) but he's got some serious tin below that rack. But rank does not necessarily mean medals by the look of it. I've seen some very large racks on junior nco's say on Remembrance Sunday. View attachment 334274

I think you'll find that the 'serious tin' pretty much comes with the job. Whereas his 'only' four appears to include Malaya and Borneo (or NI, Radfan etc) and an MiD.

That's a Captain inspecting the troops !!
Indeed. Whilst several of the photo captions name a certain Lt Col "leading" his troops, he's managed to studiously avoid the camera in both the photos and the video.

For the avoidance of doubt, in case the original poster was referring to a different photo, CO 3 AAC most certainly does have medals. For those who can get to copies of it, there's an excellent article in the RAF Air Clues magazine a couple of years ago as to how he really earned his flying pay on HERRICK when the Apache he was in decided to lose its tail rotor.

Or a LSGC could just be an office clerk n that like seriously Half Col with no medals yet I'm a Lance jack with a Afghan OSM And a UN Medal.... Maybe he could just be one of those transfered from AGC......
Morning - are you implying that AGC do not have medals because they do not deploy to areas that qualifiy?

It’s unusual for a half colonel not to have an MBE at least.

Is it possible he’s a decent officer and hasn’t fücked troops over for a bit of tin?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Sadly, it's not unusual for Colonel types at the cutting edge of Britain's military capability to be denied the recognition they deserve:

I haven't got a clue about the medal question, as I'm still in shock after seeing the shocking state of the berets being worn in that video.

What is it nowadays, that makes people want to have a cow-turd shaped beret with the cap badge close to the left ear? Fashion, or just proving that the Parachute Regiment doesn't have a monopoly on poorly shaped hats?