Serving Parents Deploying at Same Time.

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by jonny_bored_bollox, Sep 29, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know the letter that was published a while ago stating that Both serving parents should not deploy at the same time unless operational commitments require?.

2. Not sure, but doesn't it only apply to children under a certain age.

S-D

3. Johnnie, you're admin bods should be up to speed on that. If they are deploying both of you then they are c*nts. There was an ex RMP Staffy who sued the MoD after she was forced to leave the Army when her unit tried to deploy her and her old man together.

4. My other halfs on ex in Poland, my unit want to now send me, im looking after my 4 yr old at mo. They gave me a weeks notice, which aint long enough to sort out any child care.
    Admin bods couldnt find relevent letter so now im searching the net for it.

5. Try a major unit in your garrison. Sounds like bad form.

6. Im at a mjor unit in a bloddy big Gsn.!!

7. HAve a chat with WRVS, PAdre or any of those agencies.

If they try to deploy you, then its sheer bloody mindedness

8. Minor unit is trying to prove a point to major unit about manning. I cant help but feel im being used.

9. If people take the pay they must be willing to be deployed the same a s the next person or get out. These people make tours come round faster for people who are playing the game

Dave

10. Deleted cause i pressed the button to many times!

11. Don't mean to sound like a complete cow, but why are you asking about the DEPLOYMENT guidelines when its an EXERCISE??

12. DD.............. I take the pay and am always the first to go on Ex?Ops and never complain. We have both deployed on telic 5 as we had plenty of notice. We are thoe people who play the game.

letter states that "both parents shall not deploy unless Operational Commitments require it" basically WAR. An exercise is not a war its training.

I know what some of you are thinking, Im no admin case, im not afraid of Exercise or Op Tours im always the first name on the list for Ex an Ops and get on with it.

Theres some politics involved in this!!!!

13. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I agree you take the money then you do the job BUT a 4 yr old child cannot simply be packed off at a weeks notice. I would suggest that whoever is forcing this issue should reconsider the implications of what they are doing. There is always an alternative.

14. And the alternative is for parent + child to get on plane to UK (I take it this is Germany we're talking about here) dump ankle biter with relative then return to do the job YOU ARE FCKING WELL PAID FOR.

Pain in the rear I know. But there is another alternative and that is to exit stage right.

As you sow, so shall you reap.....

15. I am normally the first to jump on the bandwagon when a serving mother attempts to evade Ex/Op/work committments because of offspring, but flippin'eck Storeman. If you're serving you will probably make the sort of SNCO who says "it was good enough for me". Face it or not this is the modern world, where the army struggles to recruit and retain, and its this sort of bloody mindedeness that leads to people getting out. If Jonny_b_b is being honest and its about unit politics, why shouldn't he fight for his family?
    Besides the birth rate is in decline, so is it wise to discourage people in the military having kids? At least JBB is putting something back into society for the future