serving MPGS

Thats right....You can't join the TA.If you are in receipt of a pension then thats not affected but any 'new'pension after 042006 has to be the AFPS 05.

how about this....i have done 15 years have a preserved 75 pension..join mpgs within 24 hours of leaving regs.......like you can................if you time it correct....can i retain my 75?

I have a preserved 75 pension but I joined 3 years ago.I'm not sure but I think you'd go onto a 05 pension.I don't know how that would work with your 75 but that should be safe as you've earned it.Sorry,I can't be more helpful.

Was £16.174 but that will be higher from April 07.

Here is the incremental scale for 2006/07, even the most dim will not stay a Pte for 5 years!!!

Level 9 daily 54.98 annual 20,068.08

Level 8 daily 53.06 annual 19,365.96

Level 7 daily 50.74 annual 18,518.04

Level 6 daily 48.66 annual 17,758.44

Level 5 daily 46.70 annual 17,046.12

Level 4 daily 44.31 annual 16,174.44.

You can access the other rates/ranks on Army net.

Hope this helps

Have noticed that the contact number for MPGS is now saying 'No more applicants until June 07'. (which is cool as my application is in..) Can't be that bad a job with so many interested 'bods'!..
One thing I don't understand is the 'capping' of pensions, i.e. You serve 22yr Colour Service, and are in receipt of your pension, you then serve with the MPGS, you gain the rank of SGT, your pension payout is then lowered because you are then (with your pension) earning more than any other Regular SGT. Surely your previous Service is a totally different contract, and therefore the pension you have earned should not be taken into consideration... Would be grateful for any advice on this..

if you have already served 15 years would it not be possible to stay in? To throw away a pension at yr 15 yr point is only worth it if you are offered a top job in ICI! To leave at yr 15 yr point and then go into MPGS indicates to me that you dont exactly hate the Army, cant you just stick out another 7 years?

The pension abatement subject is pretty well disliked by everyone, the basics are that if your new mpgs pay and previous service pension together are more than you where earning on your last day of service, they take the extra from your pension, it only applies to pay increase on promotion not level change or pay rise from government.
It affects guys who left a while back rather than those who left more recent.

I now know why the guys I spoke to are (understandably) disgruntled! I am more than happy, application accepted, and (hopefully) Sorted! Cheers mate.

DO NOT JOIN. It is absolutely pants! Done 12 months in it and can speak from experience (22 years as a real soldier). It is dead man's boots and you are quietly laughed at. Job satisfaction = nil, prospects = nil, promotion = negligible, quarter offsets this (dependant on area). All in all it is a stepping stone into the real world for career blokes or an ego trip for 1990's Brown Letter Boys and failures. Take my advice and avoid like a dose of Ebola.

Latest Threads