Serving INVOLSEP

Morning guys and girls,

I have been battling with my clerks for the last few days over my pay and allowances at a new posting and I was hoping that someone could give me a steer.
I've been posted to a new location (over 150 miles away from my SFA). I'm PStat 1 and I have retained my quarter on the basis that my daughter is in her GCSE years at school. Retention has been approved for this reason.
As I understand it, due to be being posted, I should now be classed as INVOLSEP according to JSP 752. My clerks don't agree as "It's not the Army's fault you have a child".
Now, my FSA has been a bit more forgiving and seems to think that I will be classed as INVOLSEP but he has stated that I will still have to pay SLA charges which I didn't think was the case.

I've trawled through JSP 752 but I can't find a definitive answer and I would like to take some proof in with me so that I can show them. Could anyone tell me whether I'm correct about the status and the charges and if so, where I can find the proof of it please?

If I'm wrong, then so be it, but I really don't think I am.

Many thanks

What rank is your clerk? If it was me being disadvantaged, i'd escalate to the nearest SPS Major. Anyone below that seems to make completely subjective decisions based one the opinions of their colleague on the opposite desk.

I'd tell the Clerk to do one, speak to the Army Families Federation.

What rank is your clerk? If it was me being disadvantaged, i'd escalate to the nearest SPS Major. Anyone below that seems to make completely subjective decisions based one the opinions of their colleague on the opposite desk.
Civvi sadly! The whole of our admin team minus the FSA are civvies and when I went in armed with JSP 752, the response was "I love it when they do this" referring to me actually doing some research

I've been posted to a new location (over 150 miles away from my SFA). I'm PStat 1 and I have retained my quarter on the basis that my daughter is in her GCSE years at school. Retention has been approved for this reason.

As I understand it, due to be being posted, I should now be classed as INVOLSEP according to JSP 752. My clerks don't agree as "It's not the Army's fault you have a child".

Now, my FSA has been a bit more forgiving and seems to think that I will be classed as INVOLSEP but he has stated that I will still have to pay SLA charges which I didn't think was the case.

Hmmmm

I fully understand the reason why you retained your previous quarter.

However, I do not think that falls under the category of INVOLSEP and would actually fall under VOLSEP.

Had a quarter or school not been available at the new posting that would then fall under INVOLSEP.

Hmmmm

I fully understand the reason why you retained your previous quarter.

However, I do not think that falls under the category of INVOLSEP and would actually fall under VOLSEP.

Had a quarter or school not been available at the new posting that would then fall under INVOLSEP.
This has been taken straight out of JSP 752 which is why I thought I would be classed as INVOLSEP.

"Service personnel, who are separated from their immediate family, normally for Service reasons, will be classified as INVOLSEP and eligible for benefits related to unaccompanied (UnAcc) service in the following circumstances:

When a child, attending a non fee-paying school local to the family home (not at the Service person’s new duty station) for whom CEA(Board), CEA(SENA), CEA(Guardians) or Day School Allowance (North Wales) (see Chapter 14) is not being claimed, is within the last 2 academic years before a public examination in secondary education (GCSE, “A” Level, Scottish equivalents etc). Once established, INVOLSEP status will ordinarily remain only until the child completes their current stage of education unless casework is submitted."

Like I said, happy to be told if I'm wrong but this is where my confusion lies.

This has been taken straight out of JSP 752 which is why I thought I would be classed as INVOLSEP.

"Service personnel, who are separated from their immediate family, normally for Service reasons, will be classified as INVOLSEP and eligible for benefits related to unaccompanied (UnAcc) service in the following circumstances:

When a child, attending a non fee-paying school local to the family home (not at the Service person’s new duty station) for whom CEA(Board), CEA(SENA), CEA(Guardians) or Day School Allowance (North Wales) (see Chapter 14) is not being claimed, is within the last 2 academic years before a public examination in secondary education (GCSE, “A” Level, Scottish equivalents etc). Once established, INVOLSEP status will ordinarily remain only until the child completes their current stage of education unless casework is submitted."

Like I said, happy to be told if I'm wrong but this is where my confusion lies.
I think that's pretty clear if your kids fall into those categories. I'd go up through your admin chain (shouldn't bee hard to work out), these clowns need sorting out.

Civvi sadly! The whole of our admin team minus the FSA are civvies and when I went in armed with JSP 752, the response was "I love it when they do this" referring to me actually doing some research

I met a civvy clerk who used to use a previous (i.e. not correct) edition of a JSP to determine eligibility because he thought it was “better”.

Patronising idle cxxts, file a complaint

chimera

LE

Note the dates/times of your conversations with the clerk, and his/her name. This will help support any future complaint. Make your case to the Admin Office by email so there is a written record of your case and the reply. Then elevate direct to your military chain of command.

CrazyLegs!

War Hero

This.

And when you go in to ensure your back dated INVOLSEP has been sorted and they tut and huff, look them straight in the eye and say “I love it when they do this”. The useless cnuts.

Thanks for all the responses. The AFF were particularly helpful and it now all appears to be sorted! Just waiting for the end of the month to check my wages now!

Latest Threads