Services rebel against MoD for wasting taxpayers' cash

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by msr, Oct 12, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

Hardly news, to us, but at least it is hitting the headlines in the Times:

The dire state of morale inside Britain’s Armed Forces is laid bare today by an internal report showing the widespread belief that taxpayers’ money is being wasted while troops lack the basic supplies they need.,,2-1301560,00.html

2. It'd be interesting to find out who the 14% were who thought the MoD spent taxpayers' money wisely. I knew we had 1500 Fijiians. i wasn't aware we'd recruited aliens. Where have these people been for the last several decades? :twisted:
  3. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

That'll be New Labour, then... :D
  4. [quote="ViroBono That'll be New Labour, then... :D[/quote]

Silly me, VB. Obvious answer. I'd go and shoot myself, but my weapon appears to be jammed........ :lol:
  5. intresting there was more civil servants questioned than soldiers and the article quoted the total Mod workforce as over a million maybe huge savings couldbe made by cutting out the useless mouths in the civil service!!!!
  6. When we already have aliens in the cabinet, the opposition and the press, what's wrong with a few little green men in green? If they want to serve they should be encouraged!
  7. I suppose it'd save on DPM.............and they might bring along some working comms and weaponry. :D
  8. :wink: :wink: :wink: Where do they get the stats from, my unit has high morale and the lads think our kit is fantastic :p :p

maybe because we are not on OPs,.. oops

taxi for one
  9. aliens with fangs and acid for blood in the ranks.
    might give the spams nightmares :lol:
  10. Hey shortages and poor equipment are nothing new, just speak to every generation of soldier going back to startex. There is a finite budget for the country and life is a matter of priorities. However BLiar can't have it both ways (unless the rumours are true). He wants to play with the big boys around the world including signing up to new adventures in Africa, doesn't want to pay the cost because there is an election looming and he will need the money for pork barrelling; and not only that but he decides this is a great time to cut back on the number of troops.

Now I'm sure I've missed some fine detail here but this is at least the reasonable perception of the British Soldier. Just wait for the next event in this cycle; plummeting retention triggering an even greater cost than the savings made.

You can't have it all Tony. More money or less committment.
  11. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

hmm.....interesting that 39% thought we should buy the best kit wherever it was made.

So, following today's announcement that the British Army is buying MAN trucks, you can expect the usual hypocritical pieces to appear about
    ' selling British industry down the river'...'losing vital grouns=d in technology of the future' yah-de-yady-yah.

Good decision by MoD ? steady there.

Le Chevre
  12. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Silly me, VB. Obvious answer. I'd go and shoot myself, but my weapon appears to be jammed........ :lol:[/quote]

Ah that'll be the A1 issued to Home service troops then....

Mr C, don't try it with the A2 'cos you'll get an unexpected Deepcut haircut :wink:

( sorry, I'll get me coat....)

Le Chevre