Servicemen/Servicewomen get Labour Party Discount - Tempted?

The Labour Party have a plan to change the membership fees for people in the Services, down from £41 a year to just £1.

Cheap plan to try and get the numbers up? Or a genuine incentive to join the Labour Party?
Apparently it will "help establish Labour as the party of the Armed Forces"

Blog « David Wooding

Thoughts?

I doubt that will plug the hole in the £10m debt they are carrying.
You're not wrong there - Labour have finally closed their party offcie in my constituency, which is now looking somewhat sorry for itself with whitewashed windows in Windsor Road, Chertsey. My local MP is Philip Hammond and even with the Boundary Commission altering the size and shape of his seat, he is still a shoe-in for next time.

Travelgall

LE
Kit Reviewer
I'd rather die of Ebola. Those cnuts left a £30bn black hole in the defence budget that will screw British forces for a generation. And sent us to two wars on a peacetime budget whilst firehosing cash at their diversity and outreach co-ordinator Client State. We only got kit we needed (and a fuckload of kit we didn't - see £30bn Black Hole) if it was built in a marginal constituency. I won't even start on the H&S, Human Rights and Diversity Cock Clag those dribbling retards foisted on the Armed Forces that have cost lives.

And that's before we even get to how that Cycloptic fuckwit and his Blinky Friend screwed up the British economy.

"Party of the Armed Forces". **** them and the horses they rode in on.
If you need me to clarify my remarks then I will be happy to do so. I believe I have understated my anger.

Does a Labour Party membership get a discount in brothels or fast food joints? No? I'll save my quid then.

The Labour Party have a plan to change the membership fees for people in the Services, down from £41 a year to just £1.

Cheap plan to try and get the numbers up? Or a genuine incentive to join the Labour Party?
Apparently it will "help establish Labour as the party of the Armed Forces"

Blog « David Wooding

Thoughts?

Like a scene from the classic film ...

The Fall of the Roman Empire "

I think there is one significant difference from the original proposition, in that it would now include serving personnel as well as veterans. ISTR that the original plan was aimed at veterans only.

This is based on media speculation, presumably well-founded, ahead of Jim Murphy's speech sometime today. Even then we may not see all the detail. For example, for how long will an individual's free membership continue.

In principle I think this should not be unwelcome. If nothing else it makes the point to potential supporters of any political party that regular personnel are not banned from party membership - only from taking an active part in a party's business.

Will they be giving discounts to Bankers?

After all, they WERE the 'Party of the Bankers'
Ah but that was before the bankers turned out to be the Great Satan and destroyers of Western civilization.

........In principle I think this should not be unwelcome. If nothing else it makes the point to potential supporters of any political party that regular personnel are not banned from party membership - only from taking an active part in a party's business.
Only as long as the active part is maintained and that the internally "agnostic" view whilst serving is enforced. I don't want to see us going down the route of the US Forces and I have been particularly unimpressed at some of our Senior servings ranks attempts at playing the politics game over the last couple of years.

One prat like Joyce is enough warning to what can happen.

In principle I think this should not be unwelcome. If nothing else it makes the point to potential supporters of any political party that regular personnel are not banned from party membership - only from taking an active part in a party's business.
Strange how the army gets a bit shirty if you are a member of the BNP then.

As both an ex squaddie and Trade Union organiser (up to convener level) I would rather stick pins in my eyes than join the Labour Party.
I retain my trade union membership to this day even though I am now self employed and working in a completely unrelated industry simply because they pay no political affiliation fee. (and the free legal cover)

That kunt Balls must never ever be allowed anywhere near 11 Downing Street. Until such time as the Party rediscovers it roots and what it should stand for it is strictly persona non grata