Serviceman dies in helicopter training accident

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mad_Moriarty, Sep 27, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just on the wire, happened in Herefordshire.

RIP

2. Helicopter accident marine dies
    A serviceman has died in a military training accident involving a helicopter, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) has announced.
    The victim was killed on Monday during a training exercise in Herefordshire. The MoD said it was not a crash.

The man, a member of the Royal Marines, is thought to be from the north-east of Scotland.

The accident took place on private MoD land. West Mercia Police are investigating the incident.

An MoD spokesman said: "There was a training incident in Herefordshire in which a member of the armed forces died."

A police spokesman said: "West Mercia Police can confirm that on Monday a member of the armed forces, who was taking part in an exercise, suffered injuries which led to his death.

"In accordance with national protocol, an investigation into the death is being dealt with by West Mercia Police."

3. very sad , a local lad to me . RIP
    WW

4. I've just been advised this accident is now under an investigation

Please restrict comments to condolences only.

Thanks

PTP

5. RIP Fella....

Condolences to his family and friends.

6. RIP

not been a good week for training stuff :cry:

7. RIP

My thoughts and parayers for his family and friends at this truly awful time

8. I'm typing this far too much at the moment.

RIP fella

9. RIP. Sincere condolences to friends and family