Service Pattern Riding Breeches SD/No2 Dress.

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by BuggerAll, May 23, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I am entering a service riding competition for which the dress is SD/No2 dress with appropriate service pattern riding breeches.

I have asked the stores they can get me 'service pattern riding breeches' and they have come back and asked what colour?

Does anyone know what the issue riding breeches (or appropriate service pattern) are for SD/No2 Dress?

2. I believe they are pink with a herringbone pattern.

3. BuggerAll

Very stylish I'm sure but a tad walty (not to mention incorrectly dressed) if you're not a cherry picker and I'm not.

Tartan breeches would also suit my private tastes and nationality but not dress regulations.

4. My first call would be to the Master Stitch in Knightsbridge Barracks - I'm sorry, but I haven't got the number to hand.

5. Whose gang are you in?

6. BuggerAll

RAMC

7. Ok. I have a supplier who makes my breeches for me and have a swatch book of all the different regimental colours for riding breeches. TBH I don't recall seeing one specifically for the RAMC but I will check when I get back to work on Tuesday for you. When do you need them for?

8. BuggerAll

RAF (Tri-service) Championship at end Sept.

For budgetary reasons I'd rather get them issued if that's possible although I'm not completely against paying for them.

There's a company called 'Replicators' in India who make uniforms re-enactors who will make SD riding breeches for £57.00 which sounds like good value. I've seen some other stuff they make (WW1 & WW2 kit) and it's very good - couldn't tell it from the originals.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

9. Very useful should you and your horse part company!
    Hope you don't have to call on your team's professional help and the very best of luck!

10. BuggerAll

Indeed. The one colleague I'm aware of going is a vet!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

11. He can always double up! If you can work on animals the human variety, having only two legs as opposed to four, should present only half the problems. I've always trusted vets more than doctors as you may realise!

12. They certainly stitch better.

• Like Like x 1
  13. When in no.2 dress mounted, the breeches were khaki brown.