Service number retrieval

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Zac110571, Feb 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello. I am trying to retrieve my Service number after having one 10 years ago in TA (forgotten). I want it to use on an application for other TA unit. Just wondered if I can just put "dont know" or should I contact Glasgow by post ? Thanks.

2. You forgot your army number well thats one trick myself and all my mates cannot do.

3. What about your original discharge papers or any of the other umpteen documents you were issued in your Army Book 592?

4. They should be able to get your number when you start the process. They will get your information from Glasgow.

5. It's gone, JPA has eaten it!

6. Dont rejoiners get dished out a new one now due to JPA?
    Besides if you cannot remember your old one you may as well have a new one, bet you love chip and pin.

7. Hard to believe you cant remember your number

even a thick cnut like me can remember it after more than 12 years

but to help you out for a small fee of £50 I will sell you my old number

8. I rarely resort to this but "can't remember my army number"?

Cry "wazzock" and release the dogs of Wah!

9. Dont rejoiners get dished out a new one now due to JPA?
    Besides if you cannot remember your old one you may as well have a new one, bet you love chip and pin.[/quote]

Rejoiners get a new number if they left before JPA started. If they left after logging onto the JPA system then they get given their original numbers.

I don't think i've ever met someone who has forgotten there number before, even me old grandad remembered his from WW2.

10. I may have started a torrent of abuse here but so be it. Keep em coming. I know it began with a er...4 :)

11. I forgot mine as well :eek:
    I remembered it after a fast SMG over helmet and crawling on my gut for god knows how long :oops: apart from that it was no problem :twisted:

12. Wah shield on...

You'll get a new one anyway

Wah shield off.

Back to business. C0CK!!!

13. Doesn't matter if you can remember it or not. After 2003(?) you will get a new JPA number. I was really peed off to loose my 2456.... number to get a new 3006.... number. I must be one of the oldest and grayest buggers to have such a nig number!

14. I got a prior pre-JPA number back upon rejoining apres JPA. Seems someone in Glasgow forgot to close down my old record or somesuch. It'd be nice if they'd continued to pay me in the interim, but it was not so.

15. Funny as feck :lol:

Ditto...C0CK!!!