Service number for rejoiners

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Uesrname, Mar 22, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mostly this is just a moan, though if it's possible to fix it I'd appreciate it if someone could let me know!

I originally joined the TA way back in 2001, and left in 2007, just before JPA came along. As such, I was issued an 8-digit number, 25xxxxxx. At the same time, I was briefly an Adult Instructore in the ACF, (2004-2006 or thereabouts) and so issued with number from there, Cxxxxx.

Upon rejoining recently, I didn't give the ACF much thought and gave my 25xxxxxx number which wasn't in the system. A few days later, I was told that the system had me under the Cadet number. Anyone else experience something similar? Am I stuck with the Cadet number forever and ever, or can I speak to someone at the unit to fish out my old number, or at least issue a new 8-digit number?
  2. My dear chap, you are but a mere number to the system. Which one, it matters not. Sounds like you are ashamed of your ACF number. Don't fret about such trivial things.
  3. You're right, it doesn't really matter.

But no, not ashamed of my connection to the ACF by any means. But I was only in it a short time. I always took my TA career pretty seriously and put a lot of work into it. Besides, I'm a member of the TA once again, not the ACF.

As you say though, it is trivial. Still though.
  4. You'll get a 30 number if you left pre JPA and rejoined. Im sure theres plenty of threads on here full of people moaning about losing their old number upon rejoining if you search. I can name half a dozen at my own unit off the top of my head.
  5. That's what I expected to happen. I would have preferred to have kept my old number but I was surprised that this ACF number popped up.
  6. Check your quals very carefully when you do manage to get back in and get JPA access to make sure anything you had done previously is carried over, trade training etc. If the only record of you is your cadet number it is unliklely to give the full picture of your previous service.

Again, I can name a number of cases within my own unit where people have rejoined/transferred and certain previously held qualifications have fallen down the back of the desk somewhere within the system.
  7. wedge_cadman

wedge_cadman War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

There have been a few threads on this matter (quick search should find them as I can't be arrsed to look).

You cannot exist in JPA twice. If you're in with a cadet number it's the one you will keep. End of. You will not get your old number nor a new 3000 number.
  8. Cheers Wedge. How did I manage to be in there with a Cadet number rather than my Army number, since I left both before JPA came along?
  9. Cheers Sundance, good point I wouldn't have thought to.
  10. wedge_cadman

wedge_cadman War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

Knowing the ACF for the admin nightmare that they are someone will have entered you into the system for pay/allowances. Even if you weren't paid they would have you on the system for insurance purposes. Chances are your TA number wasn't entered and is in the dark black hole of pre JPA like the rest of us.
    When you sign in for a weekend it's always a conversation piece C12345 instead of your 8 number jobby.
  11. Yea, but I resigned from the ACF in early 2006. Didn't JPA come in in 2007? I guess some admin cluster like you say. Cheers again.
  12. Listen to what is being said to you, you have been added to the JPA database along with countless others using your latest service details prior to JPA rollout, which in this case was ACF, JPA rolled out for the Army in March 06, therefore you are stuck with it.
  13. Learn to live with it, I originally joined in 1984 so had a 247..... number, then left rejoined the RAF Reserves a long time after that, then I saw the light and came back to the big green machine and have kept my RAF number... still entertains everyone on courses etc
  14. No, they weren't my latest service details. I left the ACF in 2006, the TA in 2007. The TA details were my latest service details.

Still, if I'm stuck with it I'm stuck with it and no point in letting it bother me.
  15. Yea, as the fella said up there it'll be a talking point on weekends!