Service number advice

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by The Hat, Aug 25, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but was wondering is there someway of getting the info of when and where someone served, from their army number ?

2. Depends on how far back you want to go for accessing different records.
  3. As already mentioned, it depends on how far back you want to go as the older, pre-computerised records are sealed in archives and not that easy to access. The MOD holds records on all serving members of the military but access is obviously restricted. The Regt or Corps HQs may hold records on their personnel. I guess the short answer is, unless you get someone who is authorised to access the info then the answer is no.
  4. Cheers for the advice.

I know this is fecking laughable, but it's actually my number I'm on about.
    It's not that I can't remember when I was in its just that I need exact dates for a job app. As for my little red book,**** knows where that is !
    No idea if I'm on computer records, if it helps my first 4 are 2482
  5. Wow, you got a Red Book! Nowadays you get a scrap of paper with a couple of paragraphs on it, most of them being completely wrong.

Have you tried your old Regt Association or even the AFCS?

If you want some sound advice, guess the dates as there is no way the receiving party is going to be able to disprove them. That's why Walters can get away with faking it for ages before being caught.
  6. service records sar form requests
  7. SAR request form sounds the way to go.

Cheers chaps
  8. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

2482? you nig. Mine are 2454. The Veteran's office at Blackpool are experts in tracing and verifying military records. Give them a try.
  9. IF ITS ANY HELP MINE IS 2406 SEPT 1965:scratch:
  10. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

You Joined the Army on date ../../84 you left the Army on date ../../2006. Your conduct was satisfactory (hopefully better) yous saw active service in here are the gongs, you achieved the rank of L/cpl, (again I hope it was a bit higher). Here are my Quals as equivalent to cic div. I would hold seriously suspect any civ organisation that wanted more than that.