Service Medics win prestigious award 24 Nov 06

Does Defence Medical service get the Press coverage it deserves

• Yes - about right

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - few people outside either know or care what we do

• "We are not trapeze artistes Mister Bush - now carry on! "

• It does not matter - the job is more important.

• Wish there was a bit more, actually

• Ah, Doc....could you just take a look at this for me....

• Never read reviews dearheart

• Total voters

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
....well, Hospital Doctor of the Year anyway.....

Ahem....

A team of Service Doctors at the Royal Centre for Defence Medicine, Birmingham have scooped a UK National award presented by the magazine Hospital Doctor .

Head of the Team, Col Tim Hodgetts was also presented with an individual award for Hospital Doctor of The Year for his work both in the A&E department of the Royal Centre for Defence Medicine at Selly Oak and his research work.
Source:

More follows....Bravo Zulu those medics !

Don Cabra

the AMS does a bluddy good job, shout it from the rooftops. I'm fed up being knocked all the time. Doctors Nurses Physios Lab Staff even ODP's we are proud of the fact WE CARE, and provide good care. This just proves it.

1stgulfmac said:
the AMS does a bluddy good job, shout it from the rooftops. I'm fed up being knocked all the time. Doctors Nurses Physios Lab Staff even ODP's we are proud of the fact WE CARE, and provide good care. This just proves it.
If the spelling was correct, would have been a good pun.

Voted.

I am not an "Old Soldier" I am a Soldier of long ago.

I would be proud to wear the TRF (may it never die) as the more I read on here the more I see our Cap Badge fade away.

Phredd

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
here y'go, from the Beeb
Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_midlands/6181790.stm
Colonel named Doctor of the Year

A doctor working for the Royal Centre for Defence Medicine has been named the Hospital Doctor of the Year.

Colonel Tim Hodgetts won the overall award at the Hospital Doctor Awards for his work at the Academic Department Military Emergency Medicine.

Based at the University of Birmingham, his team was also awarded the Training Team of the Year prize.

They do research for military medicine. Judges said their work helped raise the safety and survival of casualties.

Of Colonel Hodgetts, they said he should be congratulated for his 'par-excellence' training programme.

"It is benefiting thousands of soldiers in many war-torn areas and also civilians in the UK and countries that have faced natural disasters."

It is in the nature of these things that the headman gets a mention ( and journalists can get their brains arounds 'Colonel') but it should be stressed that this is a Tri-Service team.
Anyway, nice to see Service medical staff getting some well-deserved laurels...as old Mister Grace would have said:

" You've all done VERY WELL "

hip hip.......HUZZA!

Le Chevre

(and well done Pat! )