Service Funds (TA)

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by liz_the_nurse, Sep 11, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone been on it, going on it and what can I expect?
  2. Lots of double entry book-keeping and lots of adding up, take an extra set of fingers!
  3. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

Don't VAT the lemons!
  4. Take a calculator with a till roll if you not have one. Helps with the homework.

And of course, the delights of staying at worthy down.
  5. It's a week long course, and so there's no VAT to worry about.

If you're finance trained in any way in your civilian job, it'll be the easiest course in the world. Think double-entry bookkeeping for dummies, but the pass mark for an A grade is pretty tough. The silliest of mistakes costs you a mark.

If you've never touched a calculator before, it can be a little daunting, but at the end of the day, 2 + 2 = 4.

On my course, there were a variety of Regulars and TA, along with a wide variety of rank, which helped, as the experience levels of all concerned made what can be a rather dull topic a bit more interesting.

Take a calculator with the large keys, because that's easier, some red and blue pens, as well as a pencil and eraser. Don't forget a ruler!
  6. oh....well, thanks..... Done my TA finance courses but havent touched it since so this course is a bit daunting. Thanks for the info, best pack the proplus to help with the late nights and big calculator buttons!!
  7. Don't do it
    you spend all the time in the office watching your back, trying to justify the work that you have done is right.

I made that mistake of taking one of those jobs....never again!