Service Days Pay Giving Arrears?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Danny_Dravot, Nov 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hmm, confused on this one, just checked online pay statement for Nov.

Been stopped £150ish for service days pay giving arrears...

checked back 3 yrs and have made regular payments, initially quarterly, and since introduction of JPA, monthly...

anybody else got this?

Also an entry for 'NPD'???
  2. I had the same, although not for £150. I have just come off the phone to JPAC (the first time I have found them helpfull) who went through the thing with me and it does show on my payslips that some months I didnt pay for one reason or another, and so now they have played catch up.

As your payslips seem to show regular payments I would phone them and ask them to go through it with you
  3. I've got that entry for 'NPD Offset' as well, worryingly it's showing as -£448.20. Anyone in the know care to elaborate?
  4. NPD offset means that the amount shown is going to be recovered from your wages. It is held in 'suspense' for 4 - 6 weeks and is then deducted from your pay normally in sums of 4 days pay.

Best to contact your unit HR who will be able to tell you what it is from the Payroll Process Results screen. If not speak to JPAC.

Edited to add: NPD = Non Public Debt.

Hope this helps.

5. Evening all
    Can anyone tell me what 'GPD offset non taxable' is?
    Many thanks
  6. GPD = Gross Public Debt. Non-taxable is obvious.

If you are overseas (or were) chances are it is JPA recovering overissued LOA.

7. Me too. Remeber though Goon that, as an officer, you actually pay 1.5 day's pay.