Service complaints

Hi,does anyone know what happens when you put a service complaint in?I have heard that the person gets more victimised and the situation gets worse,is that true???

Didn't you see what happened to Private Pyle in Full Metal Jacket?

Well I heard that if you complain then the powers that be are allowed to slice you in two with a bread knife and then dance about on your grave singing Hallelujah.

But you try and tell the arrse posters that... and they won't believe ya'

You need to get used to the ways of ARRSE, you will get abuse/sarcasm/mocked and occasionaly good advice. If you don't like it log off (you cannot conduct a service complaint on here softarrse).

Z

Zarathustra

The complaint goes to your CO and they will appoint/you select someone to be your advising officer (outside your direct CoC). You will then have to decide if you want the complaint to be unofficial and dealt with by your units CoC or official in which case it gets sent off via JPA so it can be tracked and gets dealt with at a higher (Army?) level.

You would also need to decide what you would want as the outcome of your complaint. Speak to your CoC or check out the JSP for all the gen.

Hi,does anyone know what happens when you put a service complaint in?I have heard that the person gets more victimised and the situation gets worse,is that true???
get to a safehouse NOW. cut up your sim card and bank cards and take on a new alias.

adopt a limp.

things will never be the same for you again mate.

come on sunshine.

What's up?

Tell us seniors and we can advise you... Don't hold anything back, we can't help if you do.

Somebody picking on you?

You're obviously upset.... Soldiers are people too you now and we were all young once.

Nobody is going to take the pi55 if you man up and get it off your chest instead of this silly beating about the bush.
smile inner and outer.

I heard that you have to make a formal complaint like a service complaint before you can take it further to a tribunal.Also,how effective is the service complaint system as it is investigated by the unit CO,who will obviously be biased towards the unit.

Didn't you see what happened to Private Pyle in Full Metal Jacket?
Held down by his bunkmates and beaten with soap on a rope? :?

Z

Zarathustra

I heard that you have to make a formal complaint like a service complaint before you can take it further to a tribunal.Also,how effective is the service complaint system as it is investigated by the unit CO,who will obviously be biased towards the unit.
You are given a choice about whether you want it to be an "informal" complaint that will be dealt with by the unit or a "formal" complaint which is dealt with at a higher level outside the unit.

The type of incident will also dictate who investigates the complaint, for example some minor complaints would be dealt with by the unit whether you make a formal or informal complaint.

When a complaint is investigated the unit have to send all information such as letters and any minutes taken at meetings/interviews to the complaints commission and if you're not happy with the result or feel it hasn't been handled correctly then you can ask to take it further.

Isn't this what else you've heard though?:

Originally Posted by skidrow
Sexism and racism remain "significant issues" in the Armed Forces, according to a representative of the website responsible for hosting lewd online discussions.

A spokesman for the British Army Rumour Service (ARRSE) website said the problems stemmed from the recruitment of Forces members from deprived areas.
The Ministry of Defence (MoD) last week distanced itself from graphic discussions on the website about how to treat women at training barracks. It said ARRSE was an independent website and was not exclusively used by services personnel.
But in an e-mail to Personnel Today on behalf of the website, someone calling themselves 'Bad Commanding Officer' conceded that discrimination was a major problem in the Armed Forces.
"The Army is an organisation that recruits from some of the most deprived areas of our society," he said. "The young people who come from these backgrounds have often been failed by their parents, the educational system and society. I have no doubt that both sexism and racism remain significant issues, both in deprived areas of the country and in our Armed Forces."
The Commons defence committee warned in December last year that sexual harassment had reached "alarming levels" in military ranks. And the MoD presented findings to the Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC) last month as part of a three-year plan to combat the problem.
However, the EOC said that it would not be commenting on the ministry's progress until June 2008.
Last week, Conservative Party leader David Cameron sacked homeland security spokesman Patrick Mercer after he said that some ethnic minority soldiers used racism as a "cover" for idleness.

STRAIGHT FROM THE HORSES MOUTH AND THE TRUTH.
Piss off.

The complaint goes to your CO and they will appoint/you select someone to be your advising officer (outside your direct CoC). You will then have to decide if you want the complaint to be unofficial and dealt with by your units CoC or official in which case it gets sent off via JPA so it can be tracked and gets dealt with at a higher (Army?) level.

You would also need to decide what you would want as the outcome of your complaint. Speak to your CoC or check out the JSP for all the gen.
I think you may have misinterpreted that crowbag. A complaint to the Service Complaints Commissioner SPECIFICALLY asks the complainant if the complaint is to go via the CO. To skid_row, you can tick the box for the CO not to be the first to get the complaint, if this is done the complaint goes straight to the SCC. The SCC then investigate the complaint and gets both sides of the story. This is where the complaint is found to be worthy or not.

I have been personally involved in the SCC being involved in a case in the last 12 months. My advice to a potential complainant considering going outside his chain of command is BE CORRECT, because if the complainant is unjustified in going outside the CoC he is demonstrating to his CO poor judgement, disloyalty and an immature view of the bigger picture. All 3 of which warrant a poor CR.

If however a soldier, sailor or airperson believes they cannot use the CoC for good reason the phrase "Google the Service Complaints Commissioner" springs to mind.

Latest Threads