Service Complaints system

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by kjj, Feb 24, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. kjj

kjj

Hi

I’m a journalist for Channel 4 News and I’m looking into the military justice system.

The Defence Committee is publishing its report on the role of the Service Complaints Commissioner on Tuesday. I'm interested to speak to anyone who has had a bad experience with their service complaint and the system.

On a wider note, I’m also looking for serving or former service personnel who have been victims of alleged inadequacies of the summary hearing system, Agai 67, and alleged lack of independence of the RMP.

I’m also looking for service personnel who have been bullied, suffered sexual harassment, sexual assault or rape.

If you would like to speak about these issues (off record if needed) please contact me at kris.jepson@itn.co.uk

Added by Bad CO:

NOTE - all serving personnel are reminded of Defence Information Note 2008DIN03-20: Contact with the Media and Communicating in Public which contains rules governing contacts between all Ministry of Defence personnel – military and civilian – and the media. Failure to comply with these may leave you open to disciplinary action

Former personnel can obviously do whatever they feel like

2. My RSM once said I was a "Wretched Individual" I cried for weeks. Can I be on telly?

• Like Like x 3
  3. Military Justice an oxymoron if ever there was one.....

4. Both bitter and twister.

5. Twister, showing your age now aren't you - you and that 'snail' coupling perchance....

6. I've always found the Service Justice system to be fair, impartial and transparent. It's usually people who've been on the wrong end of it that complain about it.

• Like Like x 3
  7. My humble apologies for typing rather than concentrating. That should have read "Both bitter and twisted."

8. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

You need to contact the site owners before you start touting for business. Additionally, serving personnel are not allowed to talk to the media without express permission otherwise they face being disciplined. Your ban can be lifted once the site owners agree to your requests.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Thanks for this Forastero and I've added something reminding those still serving about Defence Information Note 2008DIN03-20: with the Media and Communicating in Public which contains rules governing contacts between all Ministry of Defence personnel – military and civilian – and the media. Failure to comply with these may leave you open to disciplinary action.

Obviously those who have left can do whatever they want!

10. kjj

kjj

Roadster - fair comment - thanks for your message. Of course anyone who has had positive experience with the service complaints system can contact me too. And I'm not just looking for serving personnel. I'd be equally as interested to hear from former personnel. Kris

11. @Roadster - BZ.
    @OP. I'm safely "ex" now and can thus be easily disregarded (by you) and disparaged (by the ARRSE fraternity) but, having been both the subject of military discipline and the administrator of the same I have to state that it is a swift, balanced and fair system, administered by those who are - in varying degrees - SME (Sorry, the military has a love of TLA... D'oh. Three letter acronyms. SME=Subject Matter Experts.). It also has an extended and established appeals procedure through escalating levels of judicial authority, beyond the military and to the political executive if required. Notwithstanding the transformation to a more litigious society, the majority of the military sign up to, agree and endorse the military justice system. They are, equally, swift to decry a perceived injustice and this, perhaps, contributes to the balanced dealings of military justice.
    I gave roadster a "well done" becaus the whole tenor of your enquiry sceams out bias, a search for sensationalism and a pre-judged position.

• Like Like x 3
  12. I think he could be after the old "wheel the guilty barstewart in S'Major" type stories.

• Like Like x 2
  13. I've got loads of tales to tell, but you'll have to prise them from my cold dead body.

(SSAs know everything).

• Like Like x 1
  14. they know everything about f-all........P.s I am bitterandtwisted the original as per stated in this earlier thread