Service Complaint.

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by B_AND_T, Apr 19, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. B_AND_T

    B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

    Just a quick one,

    I am due out in the summer, however I may also be subject to PAP 10.

    The PAP10 process has been ongoing for 18mths(3 sets of paperwork lost).

    If I do not get PAP10, which would be beneficial to myself, and they discharge as per normal, would I have grounds to raise a service complaint due to incompetence?
  2. Personally, if they have lost the paperwork, i'd submit one now - why wait to be discharged? It'll be faster to sort while serving (slightly).
  3. What will it achieve? By time the Complaint is filed and in motion you will be out. They wont then overturn the decision and say we were wrong, here is a medical discharge as your now already a civilian. A Service Complaint is really only that, a complaint. You will not get any monetary recompense from it.
    But i would like to know why your "due out in summer"? Is this because of Redundancy, which i doubt if your under the PAP 10 process or is it you signed off? Or is it you have done your 22?
  4. He could file it on Mon, but ignore the advert of BFBS saying "a speedy quick decision".....load of crap. And involving medical issues, then it will definitely take time. Also, the process of interviewing individuals from 18 months ago means someone has bound to been posted or even got out who was involved.
  5. B_AND_T

    B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

    End of 12 year S Type.

    If the paperwork had been processed when originally raised there would have been more chance of being PAP10 than now. For financial reasons they may say "sod it let the time run out" A major loss to me and a win for them.
  6. The Barrack Room lawyer in me would agree with that. But another way of thinking is also what your getting PAP 10'd for?
    Of course you dont have to say but if it was something that was Service caused then later on you can bring the lawyers in and the mil defence is "well he didnt need to be PAP 10'd and besides he was leaving anyway". You cant exactly ask for paperwork as you yourself said its lost. Understand your grievance but i think you could be on a bit of a loss here.
  7. B_AND_T

    B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

    Service injury, 2 prolapsed discs and one with an attitude.

    My Med paperwork wasn't lost just the PAP10 paperwork.
  8. Well in that case then, get your med docs and sue the **** out of them.