Served before now want back

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Texas2979, Jan 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello iam new to this forum so forgive me if this question has been answered before. Iam 23 years old and currently manage my own bar in sunderland which is dead at the moment god bless the creidt crunch. any way you may wonder why i felt the need to tell you that....... well 4 years ago i left the army after 3 years of service big misstake. At the time i was going thought a rough patch i had just lost my dad and i wasnt thinking staright and said i had been taking drugs to get out. Well bam i was out well now its been 4 years and i run and own a bar its not what i want i just happend to fall in to it. the olny thing ive ever loved was the army which is why i want back in. iam a lot smarter and more grown up. I would love to sign up again but i think the chances of getting back in or slim. any help would be great thanks.

2. Were you kicked out on a CDT or did you decide to leave?

3. Are your dates right?

4. just thinking hte same.

OP is 23, and left 4 years ago. Or when he was 19. After serving 3. 16 on joining.

If he is counting brat service then it IS possible.

However, leaving before 21, or 3 adult service years is normally an indicator of something or someone going wrong.

5. Yea thats right i left when i was 19 like i said i was having a tough time with my dads death and said i had taking drugs which lead to my discharge.i know iam dick for doing what i did but i was still a kid i know better now.

6. I would say no then

7. I decide to leave.

8. So there would be no chance even though i was still a kid and 4 years on is a long time? what about in the future? Thanks.

9. I don't think you can 'decide to leave' at 19 matey.

If you claimed to have taken drugs just to get out then I'd pretty much bet 10 shiney new pounds that you will not be allowed back in.

10. "taking drugs which led to my discharge" and "I decided to leave" which one and stick to it? Or is there more info?

11. I think he means he decided to leave the army and the only way he could do it was to take drugs and get kicked out if I am reading this right.

In any case no

Under what QR did u get discharged 9.414?

12. Ahh, got it now, ta for that, a "self-discharge".

13. Only way your going to find out is go to your recruitment office.

14. NO

depends what his discharge papers stipulated

15. Well if i was in his boots i wouldnt be waiting for advice from a forum, it would make more sense for him to pick up the phone, he'll get a quicker response.