Seriously mental

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by BiscuitsAB, Aug 25, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Whilst out and about today I bought some wasabi peas.

Basically deep fried peas covered in wasabi, they are truly mental but I can't stop eating them. I think my tongues on fire.

I strongly recommend them.
  2. Biscuits, I'd like a good wasabi ******* if you could facilitate.
  3. They are really nice Tesco sell them.
  4. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Sorry mate got a cold sore, I'll just give jarred a shout for you.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. First had them in Thailand ******* love 'em.
  6. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

They are bonkers, and cheap as well.
  7. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

I put them on salads moorish as fook
  8. thats like those chinese salted, dried plums! Wah plums!They're SO wrong but I can't stop nibbling on them!! They give me the squits too!
  9. Try some wasabi powder (bit like the powdered Colemans, but in little tins from the supermarket). Mix it with a bit of water to make a paste with a bit of olive oil and stir a SMALL amount into some tuna; serve with a nice salad and some rice crackers.

Rather nice.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Cheers I think I'll try that.
  11. At a BBQ some years ago, a friend of mine who also was my ex boss kept taking calls on his mobile during drinking time, so I passed him a large teaspoon of Wasabi, whilst I in his full view quaffed a large teaspoon of guacamole, he naturally scoffed the whole thing seeing no adverse reaction in myself- the results were truly hysterical and I think he finally stopped crying tears of blood last week.
  12. Or if you're a lazy toad- like I happen to be- you can buy it in tubes from Waitrose's Japanese section. And pickled ginger in jars. Wasabe paste is great, makes you feel like you've been punched in the snotter. A bit like Colmans English Mustard did when I was a kid.
  13. Or, squeeze a couple of inches of Wasabi paste out of the tube into a saucer and mash it up in about a tablespoon of Maggi (or Soy) sauce. Tasty and breath taking.