• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Seriously mental

Whilst out and about today I bought some wasabi peas.

Basically deep fried peas covered in wasabi, they are truly mental but I can't stop eating them. I think my tongues on fire.

I strongly recommend them.

Whilst out and about today I bought some wasabi peas.

Basically deep fried peas covered in wasabi, they are truly mental but I can't stop eating them. I think my tongues on fire.

I strongly recommend them.
Try some wasabi powder (bit like the powdered Colemans, but in little tins from the supermarket). Mix it with a bit of water to make a paste with a bit of olive oil and stir a SMALL amount into some tuna; serve with a nice salad and some rice crackers.

Rather nice.

At a BBQ some years ago, a friend of mine who also was my ex boss kept taking calls on his mobile during drinking time, so I passed him a large teaspoon of Wasabi, whilst I in his full view quaffed a large teaspoon of guacamole, he naturally scoffed the whole thing seeing no adverse reaction in myself- the results were truly hysterical and I think he finally stopped crying tears of blood last week.

Try some wasabi powder (bit like the powdered Colemans, but in little tins from the supermarket). Mix it with a bit of water to make a paste with a bit of olive oil and stir a SMALL amount into some tuna; serve with a nice salad and some rice crackers.

Rather nice.
Or if you're a lazy toad- like I happen to be- you can buy it in tubes from Waitrose's Japanese section. And pickled ginger in jars. Wasabe paste is great, makes you feel like you've been punched in the snotter. A bit like Colmans English Mustard did when I was a kid.

Or, squeeze a couple of inches of Wasabi paste out of the tube into a saucer and mash it up in about a tablespoon of Maggi (or Soy) sauce. Tasty and breath taking.