Serious questions about demonic video game

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Renski, Jun 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

You may have heard that the church of England is considering sueing sony over the release of a evil video game where you can gun down hundreds of aliens in a ruined 1950s britian, including a virtual shot out in Manchester Cathedral.

In all of this the media seem to be forgeting to ask some very importent questions.

Like, whats the title and where can I get it? :lol:

But seriously, next im waiting for the news release that labels it racist againist aliens.
  2. The linked article includes the following quote from the cathedral authorities:

"Every year we invite hundreds of teenagers to come and see the cathedral and it is a shame to have Sony undermining our work."

If the Harry Potter phenomenon is anything to go by, the game might well get hundreds more youngsters visiting the cathedral. Gloucester Cathedral, one of the locations used for the Harry Potter films, saw a huge increase in visitors (and some people slammed HP as being unchristian because of the magic content etc.). Some of the youngsters would probably never have set foot in the place otherwise.

Our ancient cathedrals are always short of maintenance funds, so is it such a bad thing?
  3. Oh ******* no. The term comes to mind it only a game get over it.
  4. Picture the furore if they had chosen a mosque instead of a cathedral.
  5. The Sony execs must be loving this, advertising like this just can't be bought (or can it?)
  6. Didn't the creators of 'hitman' do that?
  7. its a bloody good game :)
  8. Yep, when hitman was first released it had a level in it where you had to go around and slot a few asian folk.
    Cue much upset resulting in the game being withdrawn from the shelves and re-released with said level missing, it all happened pretty quickly too if I recall correctly.
    Bloody good level it is though :D
  9. anyone know where you can get hold of the original, sounds like heaven to me, :twisted: :twisted:
  10. if you want a game where you can do that just play delta force black hawk down