• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Serious Question -Dengue Fever

#1
Sorry if wrong forum, but what are the symptoms of Dengue at early stage (if any).

Can Dengue symptoms’ cross over into a diagnosis of 'Typhus'?

Genuine question.
 
#2
My wife contracted dengue fever [probably from a sandfly bite whilst visiting a beach in Johore Bahru] when stationed in Singapore in 1968. The early symptoms were the same as Infuenza. General malaise, temperature, fever, and serious aches and pains in the bones. This is how I remember it from a layman's perspective. I believe it was also called break-bone fever. Took a long time to recover.
 
#3
Bandalong said:
Sorry if wrong forum, but what are the symptoms of Dengue at early stage (if any).

Can Dengue symptoms’ cross over into a diagnosis of 'Typhus'?

Genuine question.
Yep Flu like symptoms, blood tests provide the diagnosis
 
#4
Sudden onset, fever for 2-7 days, intense headache, nausea, vomiting and general myalga.

Spread by the aegypti mosquito, and not the sandfly as exile suggests. Incubation 3-14 days.

Typhus is generally spread by the louse, so you should be able to distinguish which of the two has had a go. Again, similar symptoms without (generally) the nausea. Typhus generally lasts longer and although you get a rash with both, the Typhus rash will be more apparant after a week of infection, usually on the main trunk then spreading to the rest of the torso
 
#6
drain_sniffer said:
Sudden onset, fever for 2-7 days, intense headache, nausea, vomiting and general myalga.

Spread by the aegypti mosquito, and not the sandfly as exile suggests. Incubation 3-14 days.

Typhus is generally spread by the louse, so you should be able to distinguish which of the two has had a go. Again, similar symptoms without (generally) the nausea. Typhus generally lasts longer and although you get a rash with both, the Typhus rash will be more apparant after a week of infection, usually on the main trunk then spreading to the rest of the torso
I was wondering where I'd left my Communicable Disease in Man book!?! Obviously you've found it buried under a layer of dust in the ISO!! :)
 
#7
Boletus said:
drain_sniffer said:
Sudden onset, fever for 2-7 days, intense headache, nausea, vomiting and general myalga.

Spread by the aegypti mosquito, and not the sandfly as exile suggests. Incubation 3-14 days.

Typhus is generally spread by the louse, so you should be able to distinguish which of the two has had a go. Again, similar symptoms without (generally) the nausea. Typhus generally lasts longer and although you get a rash with both, the Typhus rash will be more apparant after a week of infection, usually on the main trunk then spreading to the rest of the torso
I was wondering where I'd left my Communicable Disease in Man book!?! Obviously you've found it buried under a layer of dust in the ISO!! :)
That was all from memory I'll have you know :D (ps, it couldnt have been yours as it doesnt smell of pish)
 
#8
drain_sniffer said:
Boletus said:
drain_sniffer said:
Sudden onset, fever for 2-7 days, intense headache, nausea, vomiting and general myalga.

Spread by the aegypti mosquito, and not the sandfly as exile suggests. Incubation 3-14 days.

Typhus is generally spread by the louse, so you should be able to distinguish which of the two has had a go. Again, similar symptoms without (generally) the nausea. Typhus generally lasts longer and although you get a rash with both, the Typhus rash will be more apparant after a week of infection, usually on the main trunk then spreading to the rest of the torso
I was wondering where I'd left my Communicable Disease in Man book!?! Obviously you've found it buried under a layer of dust in the ISO!! :)
That was all from memory I'll have you know :D (ps, it couldnt have been yours as it doesnt smell of pish)
Watch it or you'll be wearing yer ferkin' Jaffa cakes!! Congrats on the Bog cleaners award by the way! Who have you been giving 'special' favours to then? :)
 

Latest Threads

New Posts