Serious or Humorous?

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by jimmyoc, Sep 3, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all, I think this site can a good funny site, serious site and a useful tool for research, but I think the moderators let it down, there are areas on this site for people to ask legit questions, and seems to be spoiled by the members who have too much time on their hands and too little brains, who don’t seem to realise what is a serious question, and what is a funny thread, they seem to think they can post their hilarious funny photos and remarks anywhere.
    The moderators should be aware of this and sort it out, I know I will get slated by the funny comedians, who think are hilarious. But some people are totally unaware of where they should put their funnies; there is a huge amount of members on this site and therefore a huge knowledge base.
    What do other members think of this, or is it just me that can see the difference between serious and humorous.
  2. Are you still bleating about you "fail tin" thread? Man up.

Did you notice that VG, and myself are still available to find out what it is?
  3. Jimmy...log off and get your arse down to the Shot today...there's a JPC reunion and Mick S is down here, even Bully has rocked up.
  4. Hi Johna, should be a good one, have one for me,
    Smudge67er, thanks for everything, but I have since found out what I needed to know, and I am now in touch with a member of the unit that fired the missile.
  5. Laugh, and the world laughs with you;

Weep, and you weep alone.

(Ella Wheeler Wilcox 1883)
  6. Excellent news.
  7. Thanks you old sweat.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Depends where you post. It's fair game in the NAAFI Bar. If I have posted a serious post anywherer else other than the NAAFI and someone crayons on, it I tell the it's not the NAFFI and naff off
  9. **** me've only just logged on and giving JimmyOc flack....a bit more research required on your behalf methinks.
  10. [​IMG]

Dry your eyes, mate.
  11. Hi Johna, Have a good one, pass my best to the YMCA, I`m out for one myself now, catch you later.
  12. It's not his fault he was (apparently) 216 and we all know what they're like...

I've been guilty on derailing threads on occasion but some threads are in need of derailing, especially when it's someone who's asking a question that is answered in a sticky on the front page of the forum
  13. JD, Perrerfara is just a sockpuppet troll, he was banned a week ago under the name Ferrerpara, just changed names. Methinks he's the same twat that used to post under the Nesbit name
  14. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Can't be everywhere and read everything. See that little 'report post' icon at the bottom of every message? Hit it when you see something that doesn't belong and one of the forum Mods will take a look and either agree with you and take the appropriate action or not agree and leave as is.

Help us to help you.

You're not wrong by the by; the number of tools who can't differentiate between CA (for example) and the NAAFI seem to have increased dramatically lately.
  15. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

And in an uncanny twist, it's just happened again. I expect he'll be back.
    • Like Like x 1