Serious incident developing in Barnsley?

Bugger, was hoping the place had burnt down.

Barnsley town centre is a serious incident all on it's own.

Serious incidents in Barnsley:

Man gets job paying more than 3.20 per hour - in fact, scrub that. Man gets job.
Woman able to read and write
House found with hot & cold running water - the reyt posh bastads.
Girl found still a virgin at 13
Shrine to Arthur Scargill damaged and houses burnt down as a result.

I did a couple of courses in Yorkshire, many years ago. The entire county is a cross between an industrial sewer and one of the institutions where the Nazis used to put mental defectives.

Last edited:
Serious incidents in Barnsley:

Man gets job paying more than 3.20 per hour - in fact, scrub that. Man gets job.
Woman able to read and write
House found with hot & cold running water - the reyt posh bastads.
Girl found still a virgin at 13
Shrine to Arthur Scargill damaged and houses burnt down as a result.

I did a couple of courses in Yorkshire, many years ago. The entire place is a cross between an industrial sewer and one of the institutions where the Nazis used to put mental defectives.

Spot on.

We had a lad join our mob from 'oop there'.

We generally recruited from London, Liverpool and Newcastle with a few odds and sods from Southern places like Pompey, Southampton, Oxford, so he was rarity .

Nice lad, but took about a week to decode what the feck he was saying ....

Boots were 'pronounced 'Boyets', Hole was 'oil' and so on.

Over one leave, a few of us got a train up there to visit him and go on the pi55.

Hmm?......thank feck for alcohol was the general consensus - but the people were generally nice enough TBH , unless I was getting insulted but just couldn't understand what they were saying?

Spot on.

We had a lad join our mob from 'oop there'.

We generally recruited from London, Liverpool and Newcastle with a few odds and sods from Southern places like Pompey, Southampton, Oxford, so he was rarity .

Nice lad, but took about a week to decode what the feck he was saying ....

Boots were 'pronounced 'Boyets', Hole was 'oil' and so on.

Over one leave, a few of us got a train up there to visit him and go on the pi55.

Hmm?......thank feck for alcohol was the general consensus - but the people were generally nice enough TBH , unless I was getting insulted but just couldn't understand what they were saying?
I have never been into whoring, ladies of the night, call it what you will. The paid-for-sex-industry doesn't interest me.

That said, I remember watching a documentary not so long ago, featuring the rancid Harriet Harman bemoaning the prevalence of prostitution in deprived areas. To highlight an example, they interviewed one girl in a massage parlour in Barnsley who charged £20 all in.

£20.

Last edited: