Serious explosion reported in Leicester 25-02-18

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm angling towards the fact that there is / was a Polish shop there. Bet it's an illicit vodka still gone wrong.

Last edited:
I'm angling towards the fact that there is / was a Polish shop there. Bet it's an illicit vodka still gone wrong.
If there was a Polish shop there, and it seems there might have been, it's gone. Without speculating, put the two together with the fireball and there's truth in your second guess. Those things make a hell of a mess; five died in Boston Lincs a long while ago.

Meth labs a possibility too

If it's a Londis they'll be more than likely Asian.

More likely a little planned teat for the infidels gone wrong.
"I'll just text Achmed and tell him it's done"
"Nooooooooooo"

Last edited:

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I believe home distilling is now legal.

If it’s Leicester they'll be more likely Asian.
A small edit, if I may.

Just about 30 years ago I was at Leicester Poly (De Montfort Uni for the modernists), lived on Stretton Road, just a few hundred yards from this.

It gives me no pleasure to say, I absolutely fcuking hated the place. A shithole par excellence. Hinckley Road 30 years ago made the less salubrious parts of Manchester look like Rodeo Drive. And I’m a Liverpool-supporting (plastic) scouser saying that.

Still, I’m eternally grateful to Leicester. If I hadn’t binned college there I would never have joined up.

</shudders at memories>

A certain minicab driver from a block of flats in west London was seen running from the flat with a suitcase 5 minutes before the explosion...

Latest Threads