Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Serious and Organised Crime in the UK. Anyone read the NAO report?

The structural probelms are internal to the UK: four nations, 43 police forces, etc. Nothing to do with the EU.

And if we extrapolate that to 27 Nations - F**k knows how many police forces, then the EU must be in tatters under the weight of SOC.

The problems that the UK has can be summed up in 2 words Yuman Rites ( and the parasites that are known as Yuman Rites lawyers )

Serious question for you.

How do you prevent Serious Organised Crime ?

The clue is in the name. It is usually well organised and a tightly run ship.

You cannot really prevent it, unless you get lucky. That is why the largest part of the budget goes on pursuing, arresting and prosecuting.
The evidence is that the more spent on Cyber security (including training and awareness) the fewer the cy er enabled attacks. Interestingly, Cyber attacks have levelled off.

More investment in AML awareness and implementation, greater public awareness of fraudulent methods, greater investment in intelligence networks...

And if we extrapolate that to 27 Nations - F**k knows how many police forces, then the EU must be in tatters under the weight of SOC.

The problems that the UK has can be summed up in 2 words Yuman Rites ( and the parasites that are known as Yuman Rites lawyers )
Not according to the NAO, NCA or Home Office reports. OCGs avoid the limelight. They don't care if their human cargoes are intercepted - that's an overhead and in any case, they already have the money. There are, however, corrupt lawyers and officials colluding to process fraudulent visa applications.

In a way though, isn't it better to have organised crime, rather than disorganised crime?

Yokel

LE
In a way though, isn't it better to have organised crime, rather than disorganised crime?

What makes you say that? Organised crime is basically run like a business with bosses that have management ability and the means of avoiding much of the risk by getting their underlings to do the dirty work. They also have money and resources to put into criminal enterprises, pay bribes, and so on.

Serious question .
If a lawyer defends a drugs king pin or other type of mobster , what's to stop the authorities paying said lawyer a visit and telling them they're going to be prosecuted next for living off the proceeds of crime , unless they can prove 100% that their client's fees are legitimately earned ?

ugly

LE
Serious question .
If a lawyer defends a drugs king pin or other type of mobster , what's to stop the authorities paying said lawyer a visit and telling them they're going to be prosecuted next for living off the proceeds of crime , unless they can prove 100% that their client's fees are legitimately earned ?
Eventually due to the law stating that everyone is entitled to representation even the court appointed lawyer would be under scrutiny!

Serious question .
A person is assumed innocent until proven otherwise in a Court of Law. Attorney / Client privilege and all that. Does that mean a person found guilty of say, Murder means that the lawyer is an Accessory to that crime? Of course not. Defending someone in Court is not a crime, no matter how odious the individual.

Not according to the NAO, NCA or Home Office reports. OCGs avoid the limelight. They don't care if their human cargoes are intercepted - that's an overhead and in any case, they already have the money. There are, however, corrupt lawyers and officials colluding to process fraudulent visa applications.

This is your reply to this

I do not care what the NAO, NCA or Home Office say. If someone cannot see the damage that is being caused to the Legal system in the UK ( Including Policing, Investigating, Arresting and Prosecuting ) by the Yuman Rites Brigade, including parasitic Lawyers, then they are at best blind and at worse, stupid beyond belief.

I do not care what the NAO, NCA or Home Office say. If someone cannot see the damage that is being caused to the Legal system in the UK ( Including Policing, Investigating, Arresting and Prosecuting ) by the Yuman Rites Brigade, including parasitic Lawyers, then they are at best blind and at worse, stupid beyond belief.
However , the lawyer is being prosecuted under money laundering legislation for having represented , in the recent past , someone convicted of serious criminal activity . That makes them an accessory .
An estate agent or solicitor that does not carry out due dilligence on the source of a purchaser's funds is liable to prosecution , so why not a criminal barrister or solicitor ?

On he CS jobs website I've seen adverts from the NCA for investigators but not detectives. Is there a difference between the nature of the roles beyond the job title itself?

There is a world of difference as they are finding out, as are the Met with their direct entry to the CID.
You can be PIP 152 trained for all anyone cares but if you do not have any previous experience of dealing with criminality and crims then you are going to really struggle.
It is all a question of horses for courses, and shovelling all your recruiting onto the Civil Service Jobs website wasn't the best move in the world of recruiting.
Unless you have previously and extensively dealt with criminals, understand them, their way of thinking and how they work, then how can you deal with them effectively?
You can't is the answer.
Sometimes you may even have to think like them, in order to anticipate them, a novel idea these days I know.

At this level of criminality you will only ever get one go at taking out the top tier, just one go so you had better get it right first time.
And they aren't currently.

An analogy.
If your boiler packs up in the middle of winter do you call a heating engineer with 15 years hands-on experience as such, or a bloke who was working for DVLA up until 3 weeks ago but has done a correspondence course on boilers and came top of his course?
And yours is his first hands-on job.

I know who most people would call.

Serious question .

Just a guess

I would have thought that the onus would be on others to prove and not the defending lawyer to prove.

Defence lawyers should not be confused with Yuman Rites lawyers, having said that I have a whole list of things that should apply to Defence lawyers. None of which Defence lawyers would be happy with.

You'd be better off looking at the damage caused by court closures.

Interested in this? It's a very big part of the problem.

Tory donor linked to $8m Putin ally funding

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Is there a "Frivolous Disorganised Crime" squad?

Set up a hybrid organisation of Police, Border force and the DSS.
Go through the country with a fine toothed comb and expel ANYONE here illegally or foreign nationals involved in crime.
If they re enter the UK then they will be incarcerated and be forced to do hard labour for a minimum of 25 years.

Then shoot them.

When at HMC&E etc, the disciplinary cases had a surprisingly high incidence of 'new' names (to what had been seen in such as 1951 census). It was the one area where the diversity of one's colleagues wasn't mentioned. I understood that the Immigration CS had a similar issue.

A person is assumed innocent until proven otherwise in a Court of Law. Attorney / Client privilege and all that. Does that mean a person found guilty of say, Murder means that the lawyer is an Accessory to that crime? Of course not. Defending someone in Court is not a crime, no matter how odious the individual.

I'm sure Harriet Harperson would have something to say about that, what about the Court of Public Opinion?

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
If people are interested, it's well worth reading last year's National Audit Office Report on the Home Office and NCA performance. The report is sobering reading (and doesn't pull any punches about the sources of the threats). However, the findings about Government and agency performances are characterised by failing targets, fragmented budgets, inability to measure success.

I wonder what the Arrse Consultancy Service response is to these challenges? (and please no suggestions of mounting GPMGs on the White Cliffs above Dover)
I.ve just downloaded it and shall review tomorrow , thanks for the gen very interesting .

Presumably your opinion is based on Daily Mail headlines? The NAO report pulls no punches. It is independent and professionally critical. I prefer to read that than sensationalist and not particularly accurate headlines in a Red Top.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm doing a little bit of work for a client on Serious and Organised Crime (SOC) in the UK. SOC is regarded as the fastest growing area of crime in the UK (overall, crime has been falling) and is regarded as the most damaging to society. We've all had the TV Licence renewal emails, or the Nigerian Scams - or the calls about compulsory Covid-19 testing. But what about the fake pharmaceuticals, the fake car parts, the callow and cowered eastern Europeans at the car wash, who are figuratively and literally laundering money, the thousands of illegal immigrants using criminal gangs to enter the UK unlawfully?

If people are interested, it's well worth reading last year's National Audit Office Report on the Home Office and NCA performance. The report is sobering reading (and doesn't pull any punches about the sources of the threats). However, the findings about Government and agency performances are characterised by failing targets, fragmented budgets, inability to measure success.

I wonder what the Arrse Consultancy Service response is to these challenges? (and please no suggestions of mounting GPMGs on the White Cliffs above Dover)

Import a Third World population and you import Third World levels of desperation and concomitant levels of crime and violence, together with a ready-made pool of victims and perpetrators. Restrict immigration levels to our ability to effectively assimilate and we might make some progress.

Latest Threads