series finales

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by exmunkey, Nov 8, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I fucking hate it when I watch a program I like and realise at the end I've just watched the series finale, finished, the end, no more, nada

Just happened with the closer and previous to that was Life

2. Better not start about The Soprano's then.....=-D

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'd fucking love it if it happened to Emmerdale, Eastenders and Corrie!

• Like Like x 11
  4. Gutted when "Alcatraz" ended and no chance of a second series. Did get to (almost) see Sarah Jones' chesticles in the last episode though.

5. I would have liked some explanation of what was going on? Secret Govt experiments I assume?

6. Happens a lot with Yank programs, they're just getting going and bam cancelled usually leaving the main story unfinished.
    Happened recently with the finder. Binned after 13 episode same with NYC22.

• Like Like x 2
  7. They best not finish "The Walking Dead" mid way through the story, although they are quickly wiping out most of the main characters! Seems popular enough to keep going for now though.

8. Romanzo Criminale just finished on Sky Arts.....quality viewing hidden away on an obscure channel.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fortunately Fringe is going to make it all the way.

10. In my opinion, the best series finale bar none was Six Feet Under, which wrapped up all the main character's futures in a fantastic last 10 minutes, seen through the eyes of the daughter Claire (played by the divine Lauren Ambrose). To cap it all, it was set to the track "Breathe Me" by Sia. Totally brilliant!

11. OK, so wtf happened with Good Cop? What a crappy ending, unless of course they are trying for a second series.

• Like Like x 1
  12. The Wire - All the characters have an ending but life in Baltimore goes on as normal. Was really pleased to see Bubbles finally kick the habit and be able to join his family at the table for a meal.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Not watched the wire yet, I'm starting to be careful about getting into a tv program now until its well established or finished as I hate stories that are left hanging. The finder was a perfect example of a story left hanging on what was supposed to be a Mid season cliffhanger.

14. TheresaMay

TheresaMay LE Moderator DirtyBAT

Flash Forward - finally something worth watching on Channel 5. Brilliant concept, all gripping stuff, great actors...

Starts with a blackout, cue coverups, plot, twist, danger, everything you want. Series finale - concludes with another blackout - glimpse of the future, second series looking really exciting - finally gonna get an answer to some of those questions raised in the first series...

Oh no - ABC pull the plug.

Wankers.

• Like Like x 4
  15. The Wire is a must mate. 5 seasons that each have an individual story arc but the series has one theme of how far corruption reaches in a poor city that runs through. It's the closest thing to watching a novel you can get and I must admit that I was a little gutted when it finished as I realised I'd miss the characters and wouldn't see them again.

• Like Like x 2