Sergeant Michelle Cunningham QGM, Royal Logistic Corps

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by benjaminw1, Jul 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. All power to her arm,

But, what Order of Dress is this?

[​IMG]

It looks like an open collar No 1 Dress??

2. good for her, it's a pity that the ribbon is so similar to th QGJM

3. Well done to her, what did she do to recieve it?

4. Errm - Gallantry?

5. I know that you wag! What were the circumstances?

6. Sergeant Michelle Cunningham, 32, is an ammunition technician with the Royal Logistic Corps based with Tidworth Troop 721 Squadron 11 Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) Regiment. Sgt Cunningham's team are responsible for assisting civilian police in disposing of explosive ordnance throughout the south west of England.

On June 27 2006, the team were called to an explosion at a pyrotechnics factory at Middle Wallop. One civilian worker had already been left dead by the blast. When Sgt Cunningham arrived she saw that, while a stock of explosives had been damaged in the initial blast, the flames were now in danger of causing a much larger explosion which was threatening the lives and property of local residents.

With complete disregard for her personal safety, Sgt Cunningham, carrying two fire extinguishers, battled her way to the seat of the fire and began to tackle the flames, which were now precariously close to a pile of explosives.

The first extinguisher had a limited effect on the advancing wall of flame but Sgt Cunningham had better luck with the second and the fire was brought under control.

After dousing the area with a third extinguisher, she was able to carry out her main task of painstakingly inspecting and clearing the explosives, and rendering safe many hundreds of pyrotechnic charges before declaring the scene safe.

7. No 1 DRESS - SOLDIERS’ TEMPERATE CEREMONIAL

Female - Dark blue serge pattern No 2 Dress pattern jacket
    RLC buttons
    No contrasting piping anywhere on jacket :)

8. Good for her !

9. Sorry too good a chance to miss!!

10. :omfg:

Why wasn't this all over the papers, I certainly remember the fire getting some press?

11. Fair one! I did turn myself into a Fig 11 for that!

12. Cheers mate.

13. In the MW area much press was given to the dead bloke, this is the first I've heard of her gallantry.

14. A credit to the service. Well done that woman.

15. Good drills.