Sergeant Major William R Walker

Hi, a MBE medal was recently found in a house during renovation in Derbyshire, I wonder if anyone can help me find out or point me in the right direction to find out more about its recipient Sergeant Major William R Walker MBE RASC. It would be great to reunite the medal with his family.
Regards Richard

Description:
NameWalker, William Robert
Service No:T/1425008
Regiment:Royal Army Service Corps
Theatre of Combat or Operation:Italy
Award:Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire
Date of announcement in London Gazette:21 December 1944

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Description:
NameWalker, William Robert
Service No:T/1425008
Regiment:Royal Army Service Corps
Theatre of Combat or Operation:Italy
Award:Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire
Date of announcement in London Gazette:21 December 1944
One of my great grandfathers was William Walker.....

Obviously not the same guy but I suggest that the RLC Museum might be the best starting point:

Might have to wait a wee bit as they are relocating from Deepcut to Worthy Down...

ETA: Paging @FourZeroCharlie ....

Last edited:
Nothing really to add to what has already been traced (I see that the OP has already posed his question on ww2talk forum - T/1425008 Mechanist Serjeant-Major William Robert WALKER, MBE, RASC - Belper connection? )

'Modern' servicemen are difficult to trace: in this case the subject 'William Walker' will throw up far too many hits without other supporting data.

A FOI request can be made to MoD as, fortunately, a Service number exists: that he cannot be killed off (in other words, no date of death) will limit what information will be made available.

@Agedpink - any chance you have the address of the house in which these items were found?

Hi, a MBE medal was recently found in a house during renovation in Derbyshire, I wonder if anyone can help me find out or point me in the right direction to find out more about its recipient Sergeant Major William R Walker MBE RASC. It would be great to reunite the medal with his family.
Regards Richard

Top man. Thanks for not immediately putting it on ebay and so proving that decency still exists.

Latest Threads