• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Sergeant Major of the Army?

And before you know it the Outrage Bus doesn't just have all the Conductors but a bunch of US Warrant Officers explaining why they should be saluted and called sir. Ding Ding!

whf

verticalgyro said:
1stgulfmac said:
Is the Academy Sergeant Major the senior Warrant Officer/NCO, what about all these "Conductors" knocking about?
We should have a Conductor on ARRSE for every time the Outrage Bus amkes an outing.

This has been done to death already, I am standing by waiting for some RLC Bore-a-thon and Household Div snooze-fest.
Ohhhh Goodie! If we're doing that again can we include the RASM this time please? He is senior to the AcSM after all! :D

Gremlin said:
verticalgyro said:
1stgulfmac said:
Is the Academy Sergeant Major the senior Warrant Officer/NCO, what about all these "Conductors" knocking about?
We should have a Conductor on ARRSE for every time the Outrage Bus amkes an outing.

This has been done to death already, I am standing by waiting for some RLC Bore-a-thon and Household Div snooze-fest.
Ohhhh Goodie! If we're doing that again can we include the RASM this time please? He is senior to the AcSM after all! :D
Ohhh Goodie! If we're doing that again can I pack fire ants under my forskin and fill my rectum up with Ben fucking Gay?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
TBH, all WO1s are the same rank, it's just the appointment that goes with the rank, there has been arguments on these boards as to whether the RASM, ACSM, Conductors or Lon Dist RSM (GSM) should have the title. Why the fcuk can't these guys get together for a vote and sort it out amongst themselves regardless of appt. BTW, the appt of Conductor lost it's appeal on the forming of the RLC as every WO1 in the RLC has the chance to pick it up, regardless of trade whereas before it was a RAOC appt only.

We have Command Sgt-Majors, or Command WOs or whatever they are called.

To emulate the US army we would need a severe lift in capability and a severe reduction in ability.

I think that the mostest Senior WO1 in the British Army should be the Most Senior WO1 Rassman of the Royal Signals.......

Incomming..... tine-foil hats on.......

I know..... I'll get me hat and coat and **ffski down to the local Big Macs store for another T*rd-Burger......

ooooooh Matron do say that I come out with tough old crapaud at times..... well it's late 'o clock again, the Pubs are shut...and I have just taken me meds for the night..... :bounce: :sleepy:

uncle_vanya said:
I think that the mostest Senior WO1 in the British Army should be the Most Senior WO1 Rassman of the Royal Signals.......

Incomming..... tine-foil hats on.......

I know..... I'll get me hat and coat and **ffski down to the local Big Macs store for another T*rd-Burger......

ooooooh Matron do say that I come out with tough old crapaud at times..... well it's late 'o clock again, the Pubs are shut...and I have just taken me meds for the night..... :bounce: :sleepy:

uncle_vanya said:
Bollox! It should be the longest serving in rank. One Army and all that, it would also give the TA a chance to come to the fore. And no, it's not me - there's still one or two still to die before that happens.

putteesinmyhands said:
uncle_vanya said:
Bollox! It should be the longest serving in rank. One Army and all that, it would also give the TA a chance to come to the fore. And no, it's not me - there's still one or two still to die before that happens.
Well, as a Tuesday night counts as a 1/4 day and a couple of weekends a month give you on average 5 days per month in post. Feck you would have to be ancient to be the longest serving in rank. :p
Besides which, if it ever happened, it would be a full time post and imagine the outcry if it was given to a reservist. The Yank version is there as the conduit to the soldiers needs and aspirations to the heads of sheds, the regular soldier and reservist will have differing concerns, requirements and gripes.
In fairness Puttee's you would need your own TA chief tom, its the only way it would work. 8O

Besides which, getting it past the Guards Mafia would be the biggest battle!

putteesinmyhands said:
I bet you typed that with a straight face.

(not literally of course...that'd hurt!)

Latest Threads