Serco

I have a interview with Serco at the end of this month about a Installation technician. Just wondering if any one has any expericence with them or working for them also any tips for the cause i really want to nail this one

I think L/Bdr Pigshagger would be the one to ask (if he's still around).

They're not the same ones that make software are they? Including for educational establishments?

Serco? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Great if you have a pension to fall back on and if you enjoy the feeling of being back in the mob.

rockhoppercrab said:
Serco? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Great if you have a pension to fall back on and if you enjoy the feeling of being back in the mob.
Is that a good thing or a bad thing

bootneck01 said:
is there anything positive about them?
My experience of them is as a heavy user of their software - we "upgraded" over Christmas, came back and nothing worked. Over a month on we now have an almost stable system lacking 50% of the functionality of before, with only ONE new feature working. They screwed it good and proper.

Not worked for them, so can't rate them as an employer, sorry. Just a company who aren't in my best books at the moment

I had an interview with Serco back in Jan, and im still waiting for a start date. They keep saying they are Waiting for the MOD to confirm the new contract for Iraq. I cant live off fresh air so im giving until the end of the month cant wait forever!

I worked alongside Serco Facilities Management and they were pish. All promises and no solutions - that way they get to keep their yearly fee without actually doing anything!