Serbian Translationt

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by amazing__lobster, Feb 26, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Have an idiot an uni who apparently keeps posting threats/anti west sentiments on the intranet - just wondering if anyone can offer a translation of the cyrilic on here please.

Cheers,

A__L

*I've tried posting this on the int forum, but it wouldn't post for some reason.

2. Try starting a thread on the Int forum with a link to here, AL

3. I don't know Serbian language. However, I understand the phrase pretty well

????? - Don't know exactly but likely - Justice, truth, heavens, God, victory, glory...
    ?? - for
    ??????????? - Orthodox Christians
    ? - and
    ???? - death
    ?? - to
    ????? - the Albanians
    ? - and
    ????? - the West

4. I don't know Serbian language. However, I understand the phrase pretty well

????? - Don't know exactly but likely - Justice, truth, heavens, God, victory, glory...
    ?? - for
    ??????????? - Orthodox Christians
    ? - and
    ???? - death
    ?? - to
    ????? - the Albanians
    ? - and
    ????? - the West

5. The Cyrillic I underlined appears to be an attempt at "Raping Children" in the English Language using cyrllic letters.

i sta jebi ovo - so what, fcuk it(rough translation :twisted: )

Edited once to add - A-L - you have a looney loose on the site :D

6. To add to KGB_resident and rickshaw-major offers above...

I suspect this person is not a 'true' Serb. I mean, ??????? ??????? is not Serbian at all, it's English converted into Cyrillic!

????? ?? ??????????? ? ???? ?? ????? ? ????? can be translated into Orthodox jihaad and death to 'stipe' and the west. There is a problem with 'stipe'. I have never heard this word used in connection with the Albanianians, shiptare (???????) maybe. So what is stipe? Is it refering to the Croatian President Stipe Mesic or some reference to Stip, a town in Macedonia??

Frankly, if this chap wants to impress you with his Serbian, he really should brush up on his accuracy. :)

And finally, i sta jebi ovo? line 6 je suvise long? means "what the fcuk is this here, line 6 is too long." Interesting mix of English and Serbian in the second clause as if he's forgotten that he's in his Serbian guise.

7. On je picka materina!

ne razumijem vas jezik!, ja sam samo vosac!

8. Got a feeling that the 'stipe' may be a mis-type of 'Shqip' with an additional (incorrect incidentally) case ending applied. Shqip (pronounced skip) is what Albanians call Albania.

9. Indeed. And Shqip is the basis for the Serbian word 'siptar'. It makes you wonder whether this chap is an Albanian masquarading as a Kosovo Serb to wind people up...

10. Probably.