Serbian Reservists stone Kosovo Police

#1
According to the BBC, Serbian reservists started stoning Kosovan police at a checkpoint. More protests are to follow today/tonight.

Is this the beginning of it all kicking off again? Who's turn to respond this time?
 
#2
We're best off staying well out of it I reckon, we're neck deep in Afghanistan, someone elses turn this time...
 
#3
The Kosovo Police will get their own back, just you see. Those Serbs will be lying in bed one night and suddenly their granny will be shot in the back from out of the darkness.
 
#4
From b92, though the Beeb says they've since recrossed the border/'border':
Ex-servicemen cross into Kosovo
21 February 2008 | 16:39 | Source: Beta
MERDARE -- Several hundred protesting war veterans have around 13:30 CET crossed the administrative line to Kosovo.

They are demonstrating the province's ethnic Albanians' unilateral declaration of independence.

A Kosovo police, KPS, cordon and barbed wire met the protesters soon after they crossed the checkpoint, but the veterans removed the obstacles from the road and continued deeper into the province.

Wearing former Yugoslav Army (VJ) uniforms, they threw stones at KPS members, and set tires on fire close to their outpost.

After this, KFOR soldiers, wearing full riot gear, appeared and formed a new cordon, while KPS withdrew.

This was followed by the arrival of a new KFOR reinforcement, with more soldiers and an APC.

The ex-servicemen are currently in the territory of the province, with a new barbed wire obstacle, this time set by KFOR, preventing them from advancing.

They are shouting slogans including, "Kosovo is ours", "Kosovo is the heart of Serbia", and, "We won't give Kosovo away".

No injuries were reported so far.
I wonder if there's a Serb version of Arrse to help them organise it? Beats TA100... :D
 
#5
Germans recognised Croatia too quickly last time, do we learn anything? Kosovo recognised within hours? Oh dear, an EU protectorate, how much is it going to cost to avoid war this time round?
 
#6
Herrumph said:
According to the BBC, Serbian reservists started stoning Kosovan police at a checkpoint. More protests are to follow today/tonight.

Is this the beginning of it all kicking off again? Who's turn to respond this time?
Why should anyone risk their lives anymore sorting them out, they've been at each others throats for decades let them get on with it. They are as bad as each other.
 
#7
RancidFat said:
Herrumph said:
According to the BBC, Serbian reservists started stoning Kosovan police at a checkpoint. More protests are to follow today/tonight.

Is this the beginning of it all kicking off again? Who's turn to respond this time?
Why should anyone risk their lives anymore sorting them out, they've been at each others throats for decades let them get on with it. They are as bad as each other.
Oh there you go, applying logic to European politics. :roll:

Don't forget that two key European nations try to believe that history is something that happened less than 50 years ago, and that we've moved on, beyond the primitive need to fight each other. It is, of course, impossible that anyone else might have a different view...
 
#8
RancidFat said:
let them get on with it
That's rather the point: we didn't. And now it's our problem (cheers, Tony! :x ).
 
#9
Shouldn't it read Serb Reservists stone illegal occupiers of their land?

The EU can make as many recognition statements as it likes, one illigitimate organisation (The EU) recognising an illegal declaration of independence does not constitute nation building.

I hope the Serbs kick Albanian Arrse!
 
#10
The_Cad said:
Shouldn't it read Serb Reservists stone illegal occupiers of their land?

The EU can make as many recognition statements as it likes, one illigitimate organisation (The EU) recognising an illegal declaration of independence does not constitute nation building.
The EU did NOT recognise Pristina's UDI.

Nothing like ignoring the truth in order to make a daft comment, is there?
 
#11
A lot of EU countries did, the EU is setting up a diplomatic mission there and deploying Police monitors.

The EU is trying to coerce Serbia iwth promises of membership if it recognises the illegal declaration of independence.

It is the EU that is ignoring international law here... not Serbia.

Serbia has the lawful right to defend it's territorial integrity under international law sh*t or bust.

If it chooses to use military means against the KLA terrorists then it has every right to do so.

No amount of EU spin will alter that fact.

Serbia is a recognised state at the UN.. the EU isn't.
 
#12
The_Cad said:
A lot of EU countries did, the EU is setting up a diplomatic mission there and deploying Police monitors.

The EU is trying to coerce Serbia iwth promises of membership if it recognises the illegal declaration of independence.

It is the EU that is ignoring international law here... not Serbia.

Serbia has the lawful right to defend it's territorial integrity under international law sh*t or bust.

If it chooses to use military means against the KLA terrorists then it has every right to do so.

No amount of EU spin will alter that fact.

Serbia is a recognised state at the UN.. the EU isn't.
*snore* Spain, Bulgaria, Greece, Romania & Cyprus aren't in the EU, then?

This is an Atlanticist, NATO mess, not an EU one.
 
#14
Like I said, nothing worse than letting the truth get in the way of a good wibble...

The_Cad said:
[1]A lot of EU countries did, [2]the EU is setting up a diplomatic mission there and deploying Police monitors.
Errmmmm!

[1]Please name those who have officially recognised Kosovo as a sovereign independent state so far. It's not too difficult as it only takes the fingers on one hand. There are a similar number who have said they will do so, but have so far refrained.

[2]So the EU is sending a civilian administration force to Kosovo - NOT a diplomatic mission. What's that got to do with recognition of UDI? The UN has had just such a 'force' in Kosovo since 1999, didn't mean they recognised an independent Kosovo then or now...

The_Cad said:
The EU is trying to coerce Serbia iwth promises of membership if it recognises the illegal declaration of independence.
Wrong! The EU has invited Serbia to sign an interim SAA as the Belgians and Dutch refused to allow a full SAA document based upon the missing Mladic. Kosovo was not mentionned in the document and Serbia refused to sign.

The_Cad said:
It is the EU that is ignoring international law here... not Serbia.
Please explain how.

The_Cad said:
Serbia has the lawful right to defend it's territorial integrity under international law sh*t or bust.
The state of Serbia does indeed. But it is quite wrong for ordinary citizens to take up violent vigilante actions. I think that's called breaking the law.

The_Cad said:
If it chooses to use military means against the KLA terrorists then it has every right to do so.
KLA no longer exists. Best start swotting if you want to pontificate with accuracy.

The_Cad said:
No amount of EU spin will alter that fact.
All your 'facts' so far have turned out to be complete tosh!

The_Cad said:
Serbia is a recognised state at the UN.. the EU isn't.
So?
 
#15
Forgot to say, bit of a kerfuffle going on in Belgrade at the moment. British embassy getting a few rocks, eggs and tomatos thrown at it. As are a number of other embassies in the centre. Apparantly the locals are not too happy that Sir John Sawers (UK Ambassador to the UN) thought fit to give Serbia a lesson in Balkan history today. :(
 
#16
All I will say is that as we have found to our own cost, when EU "Civilians" begin to administer anything, it is usually followed by directive and diktat and the undermining of democracy and national self determination.

It's like asking Ian Huntley to babysit your kids.

Today it Serbia being robbed of it's legitimate territorial integrity.

Tomorrow who knows?

It is a dangerous precedent.

I repeat, Serbia is lawfully allowed to take military action to protect it's integrity.

Providng it abides by international law whilst carrying out said action then it will be NATO who will become the aggressors.

Or is it one rule for some and another for the Serbs?

Are you happy for more of our lives to be sacrificed in another illegal war just to please the Europhiles?
 
#17
not to mention the one billion Euro's of EU money being pumped into the damned place to kickstart its economy.
That's your money people.
 
#18
The_Cad said:
All I will say is that as we have found to our own cost, when EU "Civilians" begin to administer anything, it is usually followed by directive and diktat and the undermining of democracy and national self determination.

It's like asking Ian Huntley to babysit your kids.

Today it Serbia being robbed of it's legitimate territorial integrity.

Tomorrow who knows?

It is a dangerous precedent.

I repeat, Serbia is lawfully allowed to take military action to protect it's integrity.

Providng it abides by international law whilst carrying out said action then it will be NATO who will become the aggressors.

Or is it one rule for some and another for the Serbs?

Are you happy for more of our lives to be sacrificed in another illegal war just to please the Europhiles?
Well said. It would be a different story if the same thing happened in France/Germany.

Serbia, who are they? I don't know lets just ignore them.

However as has been said, the Serbs are just as bad as their new neighbour. Fcuk them. Let them get on with fcuking eachother over!
 
#19
The KLA who have links to Bin Laden and "leading figures in the KLA have been convicted of war crimes by the ICTY, including crimes against humanity (torture, murder, kidnapping and rape). In 2005 the then ‘Prime Minister’ of Kosovo and former KLA commander, Ramush Haradinaj, was indicted together with two of his lieutenants on 37 counts of war crimes. According to the ICTY he was responsible for a plot to drive out Serbs and other ethnic minorities from Kosovo through a campaign of murder, rape and torture"
 
#20
RancidFat said:
The KLA who have links to Bin Laden and "leading figures in the KLA have been convicted of war crimes by the ICTY, including crimes against humanity (torture, murder, kidnapping and rape). In 2005 the then ‘Prime Minister’ of Kosovo and former KLA commander, Ramush Haradinaj, was indicted together with two of his lieutenants on 37 counts of war crimes. According to the ICTY he was responsible for a plot to drive out Serbs and other ethnic minorities from Kosovo through a campaign of murder, rape and torture"
Aided and abetted by Blair and Clinton.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top