Serbia apologises for Srebrenica massacre

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Biped, Mar 31, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

The Telegraph

Well, well, well. I'd like to say that this is a rather nice turn up for the books.

A timely, heartfelt apology form a government of a people who were repsonsible for crimes against humanity.

Not some wishy-washy retarded drool-fest by a monacled PM for a crime committed 2 centuries ago, and not an abject failure to even recongnise, let alone apologise for horrific massacres in the manner of genocides for over 100 years.

Take heed Mr Brown, pay attention Israel and Turkey. There's lessons to be learned here about what it means to be a member of the civilised nations of this world, rather than some rotten backwater that deserves to be denied all assistance and membership of global organisations.

Now, Serbia, about those reparations . . . .

2. I imagine the state of Serbia will consider reparations to the state of Bosnia for 'war crimes' committed by Bosnian citizens of Serbian ethnicity against Bosnian citizens of other ethnicities when:

a) The state of Bosnia considers reparations for 'war crimes' committed by Bosnian citizens of 'Muslim' ethnicity against Bosnian citizens of other ethnicities; and/or,

b) The state of Croatia considers reparations for 'war crimes' committed by Croatian citizens of Croatian ethnicity against (former) Croatian citizens of other ethnicities; and/or,

c) NATO member such as the US and the UK considers reparations for 'war crimes' committed by their forces against the citizens of the state of Serbia.

Maybe you spot the problem. :wink:

3. Tomorrow NATO are giving a spiel to local students on the benefits of NATO membership. The spiel is in Bijeljina - on the same date (1 Apr) that Arkan, well know career criminal, murderous scumbag and supposed soldier attacked the place.

A coincidence I am sure :twisted: