Septics testing new gps belt

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by northern-matelot, Jun 30, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looks uncomfortable, and those wires won't last long.
  2. methinks the lasses will like it as it vibrates.
  3. HHH

HHH LE

I wonder how Christopher Columbus done without GPS ?
  4. Agree'd, you would have thought something similar to the tesex design kit used in Batus would have been more suitable.
  5. He got well stuffed, he found America.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Lensatic Compass, Protractor, Map

No Batteries needed
    No worries about acquiring enough satellites
    works 24/7 worldwide
  7. It does not! Doesn't work in the North or South Pole....or where there natural magnets hanging round......or if someone cunningly secretes a magnet somewhere in your compass, so you go the way they want.
  8. I'd assume, only assume mind, that something like that is a bit like getting one of little electronic widgets they put into secure items to set of alarms and hiding it in someones daysac.........Tesco, BHS, WHSmith... "Excuse me sir.........".

Forgetting to take off your helmet or sitting in a landy with a silva poised over a map was'nt too clever either.
  9. That's just the compass though. Map and Protractor will cut out lots of geographical embarrassment will be cut even more with the help of a decent analogue wrist watch.
  10. Is map reading and navigating by day and night using a compass still taught in today's army?
  11. HHH

HHH LE

No, they can't find the map !!!