Septics testing new gps belt

I wonder how Christopher Columbus done without GPS ?

Lensatic Compass, Protractor, Map

No Batteries needed
No worries about acquiring enough satellites
works 24/7 worldwide

Lensatic Compass, Protractor, Map

No Batteries needed
No worries about acquiring enough satellites
works 24/7 worldwide
It does not! Doesn't work in the North or South Pole....or where there natural magnets hanging round......or if someone cunningly secretes a magnet somewhere in your compass, so you go the way they want.

It does not! Doesn't work in the North or South Pole....or where there natural magnets hanging round......or if someone cunningly secretes a magnet somewhere in your compass, so you go the way they want.
I'd assume, only assume mind, that something like that is a bit like getting one of little electronic widgets they put into secure items to set of alarms and hiding it in someones daysac.........Tesco, BHS, WHSmith... "Excuse me sir.........".

Forgetting to take off your helmet or sitting in a landy with a silva poised over a map was'nt too clever either.

That's just the compass though. Map and Protractor will cut out lots of geographical embarrassment will be cut even more with the help of a decent analogue wrist watch.