Septics still dont get it

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by msr, Jul 31, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

Disappointment has rippled through the ranks of Obama supporters in recent weeks, with the reviving of Guantánamo military courts and other backtracking in the War on Terror. More worrying still, in Afghanistan, Bagram Air Force Base has become Guantánamo’s evil twin sister — and a bloated twin at that, with a new $50 million prison bringing the number of inmates to more than 1,500, none of whom has ever caught sight of a lawyer or a legal right.

The Obama Administration has supported the Pentagon’s regressive Bagram policy, but this week may have witnessed the first sign of daylight in a very dark secret jail. The charity Reprieve had planned this week to file suit in Washington on behalf of an illiterate Afghan shepherd who had been locked up in Bagram for ten months without charges. But by yesterday he was expected to be free.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/guest_contributors/article6735536.ece

2. The land of the brave and the home of the free.

My fat white arrse.

3. At least the yanks have got some balls. We'd just import him to the UK and give him and his family a house and benefits.

4. Just don't tell the Spams there are shepherds in many parts of UK and Oz. or Rendition airways will have a busy schedule for the next few months.

5. Still the question is what should be done with people the military captures in this war? I still haven't heard any good answers.

How do you know who is really just a shepherd and who is an insurgent? How can they be given a proper trial when they are captured on the battlefield? If they are released and kill more coalition troops that is also a problem?

6. Well, better them dead then us!

7. They import his brighter cousin and before you know it he owns half of silicon valley and has a different catamite for every day of the week.

8. The decisions the US has made on these issues are always subject to 20/20 hindsight but it is useful to recall the well known adage from our leadership training--"Lead, follow or get out of the way."

9. A few years ago when the U.K. interned quite a few bad boys in N.I. the yanks led the way in pointing out how terrible we all were, now, they're doing it, it's o.k. It's nice when the wheel turns.

10. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Don't forget they were poor oppressed Oirish freedom fighters trying to defend themselves against a terrible oppressor who had invaded their land and nicked all their potatoes and forced the remainder to sail on the Titanic 5th class

Much like the Taliban and Mujahadeen were when they were fighting the Rusians :wink:

11. And Internment was the best Recruiting Sgt the IRA could have hoped for.

12. There were even a small number of yanks in the maze when I was there in 1974.

13. I give up...can someone tell me what is the definition of Septic?

14. Septic Tank - Yank

15. Would it encourage them to treat any of our captured soldiers better (read: not behead them) if they were given some variety of semi-PoW status?