Septics and black pudding?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
F-me @Joker62 ...next thing you will be telling me we worked in the same building mate!
Not unless you worked in the data centre in Truman's Yard. I used to like Mother Clucka as well.

No that's called 'porridge' - and I doubt it saw a spurtle before hitting your bowl :)

( or do you eat it with your fingers, Ranch-style? )

Why would you have to Google it? read the BBC GoodFood link and all will be clear.

Um...cultural advisory....the term ' Wánker' is not, as you may have been led to believe, a cheery English greeting similar to 'mate','pal, or 'friend' ....

Use of this particular term to someone you have never bought a beer can, on occasion, involve an unplanned visit to the dentist - PAL !

(yes, we do have them here in Britain - they're just less popular)

" Made with beef blood "

I've had Black Pudding North o' The Border - and White Pooding as part of an Ulster Fry....neither is the same as what my local Asda (a Walmart susbidiary) sells but hey, horses for courses.

@LJONESY

- I hesitate to ask what 'Boston Butt' may be.....

But sorry to say, that's Rockall like Black Pudding :-( , even though it looks extremely munchable.
Cajun boudin also has a version of Froggie boudin noir - is very much a black pudin' but different...all black pudding is already cooked, slice and eat should be fine.

Last edited:
It took me many trips, over many years to finally 'get' buffalo wings.
Now they are a must if available as an appitiser when on US trips with my travelling companions.
My 12 year old son loves them, from the very second he had his first one, but given I'm in Lancashire (OK, we win on the black pudding stakes) it's only people like Papa Johns that do them around here.
If anyone knows and supermarkets/food chains that do them please let me know as my home made attempts just are not the same.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Are buffalo wings popular your way?
No but pig wings are.
They're available at London's sixth airport, New Scotland Yard.

Yeah Thailand serve American breakfasts, great to get back home to decent sausage and proper bacon.
I never really wanted to go to America but I do recall having good food in Canada.
You should try the english section of the Buffet Breakfast At the Amari Hotels epecially the Amari Watergate in BKK, the Head Chef in Charge of Catering is a friend From Lancashire, all his staff are top of their trade, english and german butchers, french viet bakers and confectioners,top thai chefs not an aussie dreamer to be found,black pudding and deutsche wurst and Triple smoked iberian style ham with frische brotchen a great start to the day ,plenty of scoff for haversack rations excellant foods from at least 6 different countries in the buffet

Of course they won't and that is because we have moved on and become prosperous and civilised enough that we don't have to eat the leftovers of the animals anymore.

All these things made of blood, internal organs and offal are pure throwback to the time when raising and slaughtering your own animals was a hard, time consuming family effort and so nothing was wasted.

Of course now we don't bother doing that but so all those bits end up in MRM burgers and glued together "steaks". Yummy.

I Father RM sense you are being possessed by the evil spirit of Veganus but with help you can escape with your nuts and pulse(s) intact. You can find me at the holy basilica of St Boucherie, the power of Christ compels thee............

There are three types of Pudding, Black, White and Red. Black is the most common, red the rarest. All are very nice. Black is mostly associated with Scotland and the North of England, White with Ireland and Scotland, and Red with the East coast of Scotland.
In Scotland all three types can be had battered and fried, served with chips as a Supper. The only coloured pudding of seen in the States is White Puddings. The Dubliner pub, near Union Station in DC, does a fine Irish breakfast with White pudding.
Oddly, white pudding (oatmeal pudding) would be the rarest in the States. Black pudding (blood sausage) would be mostly limited to the southern states, and red pudding is debatable as one would have to argue over it's many incarnations (hint: it's just fucking sausage of variable content)... the closest might be the Saveloy found in the rest of the UK,or what one would find in our NE as the Red Hot or Red Snapper, but found everywhere thanks to the nature of modern factory production and distribution channels. Unlike the Scots, we are less likely to deep fry the feckers in batter, unless you will count corn batter, which will give you the lowly "corn dog" which, in reality, is more like a banger deep fried in corn batter, but without the primary sawdust content.

It took me many trips, over many years to finally 'get' buffalo wings.
Now they are a must if available as an appitiser when on US trips with my travelling companions.
My 12 year old son loves them, from the very second he had his first one, but given I'm in Lancashire (OK, we win on the black pudding stakes) it's only people like Papa Johns that do them around here.
If anyone knows and supermarkets/food chains that do them please let me know as my home made attempts just are not the same.
Cook them at home yerself...

Roasted chicken wings seasoned with salt and cayenne pepper powder, then hand tossed in equal parts of your favorite shite hot sauce and unsalted butter.

Well good for you. Why'd you get all upset then?
And yes, **** is spelled the same in Wales, we've adopted the English language and don't feel the need to spell things differently.
You may think that calling me a **** upsets me, have a look through my posts mate, I wear it like a badge of honour (with a u not honor)
I mean honestly getting all upset over someone slagging off your nations breakfast making skills is a little bit delicate for a grown man of 50 don't you think, if we were to get all upset over, lets say, your countries ability to recognize it's allies on the battle field, and in doing so stop ******* shooting the shit out of the friendlies, where would we be eh?

And is **** spelled like that in America or have you removed the U from that too?

Why did he get all upset, oh yeah it's the Enigma machine bit, let's not upset him more and tell him it was not Matthew Mc Connaghey from a fictitious U Boat FFS, next he will be saying the guy flew B17s over RAF Binbrook............. GB I am taking the piss

Why did he get all upset, oh yeah it's the Enigma machine bit, let's not upset him more and tell him it was not Matthew Mc Connaghey from a fictitious U Boat FFS, next he will be saying the guy flew B17s over RAF Binbrook............. GB I am taking the piss
You folks were in WW2?? Far out dude!

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
You should try the english section of the Buffet Breakfast At the Amari Hotels epecially the Amari Watergate in BKK, the Head Chef in Charge of Catering is a friend From Lancashire, all his staff are top of their trade, english and german butchers, french viet bakers and confectioners,top thai chefs not an aussie dreamer to be found,black pudding and deutsche wurst and Triple smoked iberian style ham with frische brotchen a great start to the day ,plenty of scoff for haversack rations excellant foods from at least 6 different countries in the buffet
Can’t recall any English sections at any of the Amari hotels I’ve stayed at including the watergate. American type bacon, German style sausages.

I live in Alberta and the local agricultural College teaches butchery their black pudding, bacon and sausages are excellent, so my breakfasts are the traditional English fry up. They also have a ok line of meat pies, steak and kidney, minced beef etc, they also have a brewers course and some of their beers are brilliant.

I'm a Porridge Wog----- love The Great English/Scottish breakfast.Used to get a certain type of fried breads(slightly sweet tasting) when my Ma did it,
But the best I had was an "Ulster Fry" in my mates Ma's place in Belfast.

BOOTIFUL !

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C The NAAFI Bar 87
Peli23 The NAAFI Bar 4
alib US 82