Septics and black pudding?

This morning I literally bumped into a lovely couple of septics on vacation from Chicago.During the course of our conversation we were discussing British cuisine.Seems they were recently offered a 'Full English' not being well versed with foreign foods they were quite concerned about Black Pudding,as their host didn't tell them about all of the contents.
So to get to the point,does septic cuisine offer Black Pudding,if so what do they call it?

Some of their stuff is pretty awful, like chitterlings and hominy grits whatever they are, and don't the army eat 'shit on a shingle'?

Drivers_lag

On ROPS
On ROPs
There's all sorts of things Americans don't understand.

Tea. The minging bastards think powdered tea is the same as the real thing.

Black pudding. Liver. They think we live on fish and chips and I'm fucking ashamed of what hotels tote as English Breakfast - vile slop. It would be all right if anyone used quality ingredients, but they just fucking don't.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
TBH, their breakfasts take some explaining too. They don't have sausages, they have links, the bacon is some knarly bits of frazzled streaky and when cut into, sends shards in all directions. Biscuits, which are really flat Yorkie puds, served with gravy, a white sauce type thing with bits of sausagemeat floating in it. Also, what is it with frigging pancakes? Understandable when served with maple syrup as a pudding, but with the addition of bacon as well??

TBH, their breakfasts take some explaining too. They don't have sausages, they have links, the bacon is some knarly bits of frazzled streaky and when cut into, sends shards in all directions. Biscuits, which are really flat Yorkie puds, served with gravy, a white sauce type thing with bits of sausagemeat floating in it. Also, what is it with frigging pancakes? Understandable when served with maple syrup as a pudding, but with the addition of bacon as well??

Tbh Joker their biscuits are more like scones . They can't make Yorkshire puds , the ones we had were like fairy cakes .
Pancakes and bacon , nowt wrong there I have fried pancakes with a Sunday fry up .

Sent from The Magic Roundabout using Dougals Sugar Cubes and Dylans Carrots

Remember, what is now the US of A was used by us as the precursor to Oz as the criminal dumping ground of the Empire. Their food is a mix of jail shite and red indian crap - black pudding is several divisions above their highest level of comprehension...

Mrs Mac and I were staying at a nice hotel for AvN weekend. Sat at breakfast on the Saturday and a pair of retired sisters from Septicland sat down next to us.
After watching them snuffling down their full English and hearing them debate what it was made of we took great pleasure in telling them what their black pudding was made of.
The look of sheer disgust on their faces was truly wonderful.

I think they both stuck to pastries and cereal on Sunday morning, personally I was far too hungover to notice anything.

The hotel breakfasts are often grim. Ham and eggs with fresh baked biscuits, a fine way to start the day and there's usually a diner within a few blocks that does it well. The coffee is still abysmal though.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Yeah Thailand serve American breakfasts, great to get back home to decent sausage and proper bacon.
I never really wanted to go to America but I do recall having good food in Canada.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
The hotel breakfasts are often grim. Ham and eggs with fresh baked biscuits, a fine way to start the day and there's usually a diner within a few blocks that does it well. The coffee is still abysmal though.
When in Florida, I tended to got to Sizzlers, $5 for a breakfast buffet, in NY, we found a little restaurant on 7th Ave that did as close to a Full English as you could find, fried eggs, Canadian bacon, links, BBQ beans, mushrooms and fried tomatoes with as much coffee as you could down.

They do have blood sausage but it's classed as foreign muck, there's Cajun boudin and an Italian jobby called biroldo in CA. You also get varieties of morcilla drifting up with the Latinos.

Yeah Thailand serve American breakfasts, great to get back home to decent sausage and proper bacon.
I never really wanted to go to America but I do recall having good food in Canada.
Full proper english breakfasts in Pattaya for a decent one will run around B150 ( just over 3 quid), small english breakfast around B120- there's even a Yorkshire Pork Butcher supplying a lot of english style meats now.

I think areas of the States will do Black pudding type stuff, with the French influence in the Southern States- they do like their Boudin.

Edit- Alib beat me too it as I was tying whilst you replied!

Just like anything else in life one bad experience can taint an entire country, company, product, or even an entire race. Surely there must have been ONE nice Jap prison Guard. Not everyone who flies BA has a shit experience. But there are some things that will perpetuate for infinity and that ladies and germs is rumour and / or ignorance.

I remember Tony Blair opening his gob during a press conference with Dubya Bush and there for all the world to see was a BIG BLACK TOOTH right in the spotlight, so that image perpetuates the myth of all Brits having shitty teeth. I mean, come on Blair, could you not have visited the fukkin dentist before the visit !!! Same as visiting Kentucky, yes you do see a few hillbilly types but no more than visiting any other country, UK included.

I was having breakfast the other day (in Toronto) with my co-workers, one of whom is a 29 yr old apprentice, and a more stupid, opinionated, ill-informed person you could not find. We were yapping about the size of the bacon strips, I've seen bigger peas to be honest, when the arrsehole pipes up:

"Don't eat the bacon in England"

"huh !, wtf are you talking about ?"

"well, they don't have pigs in the UK so the bacon gets shipped in from other country's and is always out of date and tastes like shit".

"Really" I say, "and how do you know this ?"

It turns out that when he was 15 momsy and popsy visited the UK with Junior and during that visit they had a "full English" and ONE piece of bacon turned out like rubber.

"Soooo, because YOU ate ONE piece of bacon the entire country gets a bad rep for breakfast, in a country, the UK, which is well known for having the best breakfasts in the world, and all this while we are sitting here eating a 'Canadian brekkie' containing scraps of bacon no bigger than the size of your brain, and toast which has less butter than a sheet of plywood, I must say....you are staggeringly idiotic".

"Well my dad doesn't like it either"

I wasn't sure whether he was referring to his dad not liking the bacon, or his dad doesn't like him being 'staggeringly idiotic', but there is no doubt that he will continue to spout off his knowledge about English bacon for the rest of his unnatural life.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Full proper english breakfasts in Pattaya for a decent one will run around B150 ( just over 3 quid), small english breakfast around B120- there's even a Yorkshire Pork Butcher supplying a lot of english style meats now.

I think areas of the States will do Black pudding type stuff, with the French influence in the Southern States- they do like their Boudin.

Edit- Alib beat me too it as I was tying whilst you replied!
The exchange rate is dreadful now but when I first went in 1997 there'd been a bit of internal trouble, maybe military coup and I was getting I think nearly 80baht to the pound.
I've no interest in going to Pattaya, there's nice places to go away from all the crowds.

When in Florida, I tended to got to Sizzlers, $5 for a breakfast buffet, in NY, we found a little restaurant on 7th Ave that did as close to a Full English as you could find, fried eggs, Canadian bacon, links, BBQ beans, mushrooms and fried tomatoes with as much coffee as you could down.
Fried tomatoes I've found difficult to find at breakfast time stateside but then they are a recent "healthy" innovation in the 6C.

The fried protein and fried carbs are fine but in the Bay Area disturbingly... a side of fruit salad. What I hate is the morbid fecker ordering the "heart healthy omelet".

Remember, what is now the US of A was used by us as the precursor to Oz as the criminal dumping ground of the Empire. Their food is a mix of jail shite and red indian crap - black pudding is several divisions above their highest level of comprehension...
Me likem Grilled Steaks ,You likem boiled entrails, Kemosabe.

J...
I wasn't sure whether he was referring to his dad not liking the bacon, or his dad doesn't like him being 'staggeringly idiotic', but there is no doubt that he will continue to spout off his knowledge about English bacon for the rest of his unnatural life.
I've had more than one bad slice of bacon in England, pumped full of brine and going sour. It's not like it was in the good old days, I recall English pork products as being excellent, particularly the bacon. These days it's often Danish and they are near as bad for fucking up food as the Dutch.