Septic humour does exist.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Bollock-chops, Oct 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Great fun, an uncommon display of self irony (?) over there.

And check out the report on "hurricane_bound_for_texas_slowed_by_large_land_mass_to_the_south".

Some Arrser recently claimed the majority of the US pop couldn't place Afghanistan on a map...
  2. They did a "Mexico building wall to keep out american assholes" video too
  3. Scot living in Florida - had a woman in a previous job ask me - You know about Europe - Afghanistan is near Mexico, isn't it? Seems her son (US Marine) had just been warned for Afghanistan.

Another kept greeting me with "Gidday Mate - put another shrimp on the barbie" When I told her I'm Scottish, not Australian she looked totally bemused - "But isn't it the same country?"
  4. Colleague in bar in Atlanta is out of USD so offers to pay with pounds, but barlady thinks they're Monopoly tokens or similar. My colleague says, no, they're Pounds - sterling - you know, the Queen's money! I'm British, (seeing the fluttering eyelids, adding) you know, from England?
    Barlady: Get outta here, you don't use dollars????

5. The trouble is there are enough thick fcukers over here as well, their only source of information is the Daily sport and Jeremy Kyle.
  6. Septic humour has always existed, it's just a bit different to ours. Don't forget that a whole couple of generations were shaped by "MAD" magazine.

7. "War is God's way of teaching Americans geography."

Sadly, some truth to that perhaps...
  8. And how many here could find Nebraska on a map?
  9. I could point to about 8 states I have been to, asking that isnt fair, I was trying to alert Britons to some intelligent humour on the other side of the atlantic.
  10. How many in Nebraska could find Nebraska on a map?
  11. Goldbricker, it's sort of in the centre (center to you), west of the Missouri river and north of Kansas, but it's a fair cop, yours is a large country and people who haven't been there do not realise the distances and the variety of landscape/clima etc.

In all honesty, during the stay in Atlanta (see above), one colleague says to John (the US colleague), "why don't we drop in on your parents while we're here? Says John: because it would be a 40 hour drive?!
  12. Okay its a Canadian series but have a ganders at this

Funny TV Series

I wonder why this is not being shown over here?

PS: Funny as feck