septic combats

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by easy-wan-kenobi, Jun 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hello all, came across these and thought they were a bit odd. looks alot like ours but never seen them worn out in iraq, are they BDU for civvies or are they actually issued?

whats the score with BDU anyway... why so many colours and styles?

pps as americans what piece of brit kit (if any) would you be after. iv gone through about 3 capbadges so far and a shed load of unit flashes but nothing else.
  2. They are Not US issue, we wear the standard DCU. Look more like a comm. copy of your fatigues. As to BDU colors & styles BDU's, DCU's are now obsolete, they are being replaced with the ACU digital pattern developed from CADPAT. I "acquired" a Arktis 42cdo chest rig about 15 years ago, thought it was sh1te-hot piece of gear.Maybe your new 30 rd mags, I've heard some good things about them.
  3. off topic but in reply for LineDoggie.

the new 'Brit Army' mags for the SA80a2 are now also being made and marketed by HK USA as the 'HIGH RELIABILITY' mag.

they are expensive but the bees knees, remember they are a tad longer then your standerd mags so double check they fit in any pouches before you get any new webbing.
    the 'new' HK mag in comparison to the 'old' issue ones is like the difference between a Rolls Royce and a Skoda.
  4. You mean one is high cost and maintaince but is an internationally renowned marque the other is reliable and £2000 cheaper than the VW model, it directly descends from, due to the brands renowned poor quality of build and reliablitly 10 years ago?

Sorry, I own a Skoda now (FFS Mrs' idea) and couldn't resist the jab. :D
  5. I'd be quite interested in cap badges. I've got some books covering the changing designs of British and Commonwealth capbadges over the years. Very interesting stuff. I've always been fascinated with military uniforms, particularly the Napoleonic period uniforms as they were so colorful.