Separate arrse for regulars and TA?

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by BFPO, Nov 1, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Separate arrse for regulars and TA?

Been on this forum for a while now and it strikes me how much of a gap there is between the responses between the TA and the regulars. Is it about time we had a separate arrse for the two? I can’t see many topics that are relevant to both the regular and part time soldier, for example pay, tours, training, recruiting, motivation, standards, and the like. I just can’t see how the two go together. A part time soldier is exactly what it says on the can. Regulars have separate housing, pay, postings and promotion issues. If we are to move on to credible discussion that is of value then surely now is the time to have a separate forum.

How can a TA soldier comment on LOA, quarters, education courses, postings, bullying, married unaccompanied tours, the NAAFI, the PRI, retention, pensions, ration cards, tax free cars, BFBS, SSVC, pay as you dine, Op Puma, Op Ajax, BFPO, POAR, FFR, Leave, MMA, Free flights, adventurous trg, The JRC, The Sgt’s mess, the Officers Mess, mess dress, Weekend duties, cancelled leave, medical downgrading, over promotion, under promotion, leave bans, block leave, Keen wind states, living in, living out, pads, pads brats, service schools, boarding schools, pet pass ports, German laws, petrol coupons, tax free goods, PVR, ROP’s, extra duties, accused advisors, Res Pod, car passes, this list isn’t endless but it does go on.

The TA may have an opinion about these matters but at the end of the day it is not of any worth as they do not live by the same considerations as us. It is a complete nonsense and belittles this fantastic forum to hear views based on nil or little experience or even experience that can be taken or left at the drill hall door.

This is not a snipe at the TA just a furrowed brow at some of the naivety that gets posted here. Any thoughts?

2. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

BFPO, we used to have a TA forum in here strictly for our Civ/Mil bretheren however it was never used.

3. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Naivety- look at yourself, by the very wording of your post, try doing some Ops and finding out 35% plus of those deployed are TA on mobilisation. Also spookily enough the TA have to deal with about half of your subjects above, but luckily only a few days a month!

Having served 24 years in the Regular Army, trust me BFPO, I can comment on all of the above- probably with more knowledge than you.

4. i completely dont see the point , being in the ACF i can equally demand that there is an separate ARRSE for ACF staffs etc .
    but im not going to because i find the mixed forum more interesting and varied than what u would find in a narrow focus site.
    there is banter, jokes, stories, tips, some serious and light hearted conversations that i would have missed otherwise.
    so keep it as it is , if isnt broken dont try to fix it.

5. Naivety- look at yourself, by the very wording of your post, try doing some Ops and finding out 35% plus of those deployed are TA on mobilisation. Also spookily enough the TA have to deal with about half of your subjects above, but luckily only a few days a month!

Having served 24 years in the Regular Army, trust me BFPO, I can comment on all of the above- probably with more knowledge than you.

This is the sort of thing that does not hold water, you say “try doing some Ops and finding out 35% plus of those deployed are TA on mobilisation” Every one knows that the TA have done a marvellous job on tour and every regular soldier does operational tours, you would have to be very lucky to miss them in these stretched times.

The naivety I am on about is not the grasp of the English diction, rather comments on subjects that are not as quality of life altering to the TA.

Having served 24 years in the Regular Army, trust me BFPO, I can comment on all of the above- probably with more knowledge than you. “This suggests that because you have served five years more than my 19 that I have no experience?” This is just maths! My point is experience and to labour my point once more, how can a TA soldier comment on things he has no experience of.

An Operational tour for six months is very valuable to the nation and to the service but the TA soldier will go home to civ div on the completion of the tour. We can go home to find that people have passed us due to none attendance of courses, posting orders can be received during tour; again I find my self starting a list.

To compare the regular to the TA is wrong and to say “I served 24 to your 19 so I know more than you” is silly and lacks credibility.

I did consider listing my tours and courses etc but won’t they be the same a most regulars who have a bit of service under my belt?

6. SAUCER AND MILK FOR BFPO!! :D [/b]

7. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

When did Ar$$e become a spelling test?

8. My thoughts are - what are you waiting for? You obvously see a gap in the market, go for your life mate

I can't wait for you to get

WWW.LOA, quarters, education courses, postings, bullying, married unaccompanied tours, the NAAFI, the PRI, retention, pensions, ration cards, tax free cars, BFBS, SSVC, pay as you dine, Op Puma, Op Ajax, BFPO, POAR, FFR, Leave, MMA, Free flights, adventurous trg, The JRC, The Sgt’s mess, the Officers Mess, mess dress, Weekend duties, cancelled leave, medical downgrading, over promotion, under promotion, leave bans, block leave, Keen wind states, living in, living out, pads, pads brats, service schools, boarding schools, pet pass ports, German laws, petrol coupons, tax free goods, PVR, ROP’s, extra duties, accused advisors, Res Pod, car passes.co.uk

up and running

Or should that be .co.de ? As some of the things in your list will only be of any interest to those serving in Germany - so you won't won't to include any one from UK posting on it will you ? Also ban all ex regulars because what the fcuk would they know about todays Army?

ARRSE is a forum for all the Army - not just your little bit of it - If you don't like the way some people use the train set go and set your own up.

9. BFPO

I suspect that ARRSE is actually run by TA soldiers.....

10. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Now that's where you're wrong.

"All for one and one for all" I say! I'd have the Navy, Marines and the forces of the entire English speaking world if there were a demand and we had suitable volunteers to run their bits of the site. Scouts, Brownies anyone with a uniform really - obviously EXCEPT the RAF, but that almost goes without saying.

(as an aside, with the imminent amalgation of everyone in to the Euro Corps we'll shortly be sharing webspace with our euro-comrades - Italians, Portuguese and other fine military folk).

11. I think Black-Hand said it all.... ARRSE is for ALL interested parties, not just BFPO's. If ARRSE was tailored just to suit BFPO's idea of what's worth posting about, and if everyone who posted on it all had the same opinions, ARRSE wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes..... too bl00dy dull!

It is however,an interesting and diverse forum for all, and long may it remain so.

12. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Ah, the voices of reason!