Sennybridge

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by redrat, Mar 26, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hello all ,
    i currently have 2 MOD maps of Sennybridge training areas on a 1:50,000 scale .
    how much do these things usaly go for ? and am i getting myself into any trouble by having or selling these ?
    the maps show para drop zones, practical demolition areas, impactis area , vairus box areas , troop shelter ,sssis (no digging) , NBC centre , range warden , NBC battle run , air feild hut , ancent monuments , explosive digging area ,staff car parks etc
    the map is quite large and covers the areas all around the site too .

2. Burn them. Now.

3. Trying to sell them is a bone idea, if you are serving hand them back in, if you are a civi then take Lard's advice and burn them now.

4. I agree with J-B. Either hand them in if you are still in the mob or destroy them.

Anything that could be used to put lives (either civilian or military) at risk is to be avoided IMHO. Bad idea to let them go to the public domain.

fastmedic

5. If they have a security classification on them, and you have signed the OSA in the past, stand by!
    If you haven't signed the OSA, an action in the public interest would be to hand them in to police station.

6. they represent a serious security risk if they get into the wrong hands, it shows where to leave booby-traps, where troops congregate and all manner of juicy bits. the big bad boys will know this stuff anyway, but you will be giving that opportunity to some fired-up kid from Bradford or Dublin.

these little tw@s are out there, check out any of the more 'interesting' Irish political sites, they would love the opportunity of a free pop that this map would give them.

they'll get you very little on Fleabay, but you'll have to ask yourself 'why does bidder 123ABC really want this map?'.

destroy it or hand it in. don't leave it under your bed and occasionally reminise about sheep shit fights at farm 10 or arsing about in the stream at farm 3, because one day you'll move and you'll leave it there and with sods luck you'll sell up to Tom Murphy's uglier brother.

7. will hand them to a serving RAF mate on monday , thanks .

8. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Just as a matter of fact, signing an OS Act declaration is immaterial: it is simply there as evidence that you have been reminded of some of the provisions of the OS Act should a case ever come to trial. Everyone is covered by the OS Act whether they have signed a declaration or not.

9. im going to post one last time about this subject .
    i recived 2 maps out of a public skip hire company who recived 5,000s . the skip hire company was asked by the MOD to get ride of these documents , but the skip hire company has military collectors in it and none of the documents got disposed of . i dont know the name of the company or where the rest of the documents are being kept but i do know they have maps of most of the military areas in and out of england .

10. It doesn't have to be protectively-marked to be covered by OSA. I can't remember the exact quote, but there is a catch-all part for maps and documents etc.

12. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I think of ALL camps Sennybridge is veiled in even more mystery than most. It's not just fixed line jumps you know. As an aside do you still have Herr Schmidt with you or has he retired?

13. Sorry I left a very long time ago. The info is in the public domain from air nav maps etc, CAA pubs which give lat/ long of ALL uk airstrips and aviation operations. I no longer have access to them . Don't overcook the OpSec side of things, there is public access to most of Senni on some days after all

14. H3

H3 LE

Or anyone could just drive up onto the training area and follow the signs !

15. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Or drive up in a van, scale onto the roof of said vehicle, jump the fence...then assassinate someone during selection. :headbang: