Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by rudi, Mar 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hubby just got 3 weeks of training left hes transfered to RAVC from 1RRF we will be going to Sennelager , no kids 1 dog and 100000 bits of fishing kit lol anyone know what housing is like there?? cant find out anything got a couple of places from a mate but dont know our chances of getting there . Is there an places to stay away from??? any info will help :soldier:
  2. Probably the worst Lager in the world.....................
  3. Seems theres a savage lack of housing in and around that area....waiting for allocation (unit in Paderborn), seems only thing available if any is Detmold!! 45 min drive..double boo! :x
  4. Paderborn is great on the lash.
  5. Well when I moved out in Dec there were 4 dog handlers living in my block of 6 flats,
    quite a few of the blocks were the same too, they are walking distance to the camp, smallish row of shops & NAAFI max is about a 20 min walk.

The size is quite good, they are 3 bedroom with a much larger living room than you get in UK, in fact my 3 bed flat had much more floor space than my current 3 bed house, and a cellar for storage.

the rent isnt too bad, I was paying £170 ish per month + about £80 council tax replacement.

it has the best pizza shop in the world (nico's grill) and for your hubby, a strip bar opposite camp
  6. thanks a lot we just found out its a flat in am heilandsfrieden???? at least its near camp even though would like a house we march in 12th april so anyone near there call for a brew
  7. we marched in and its 3rd floor , told the guy who marched us in that because of the stairs I would like a ground floor he said no way its for those with kids so i said thats well and good im in my 50s and im expected to climb these stairs 3 times a day just to walk my dog? and it means my mother in her 80s and my handicapped brother who is in a wheelchair cant visit me , he said property is not allocated to the needs of our family members , well 10 days later thanks to the powers that be my dog jumped off the balconey and we lost him he was 9 years old and to him it was just a wall!!! i couldnt catch him in time , he was never left there alone because of this reason , would like to get the git that put us here
  8. I used to live in Sennelager - years ago, firstly in Infanterie Weg and then moved to Ring Strasse about six months later, we'd asked for a house because we had two GSDs that needed a garden.

There are a couple of lakes nearby - one that eveyone used to the south (Habichsee) as it had a sandy beach on the top end and another on the otherside of town that was alot quieter (Gusenhofsee) which is near the Autobahn junction Paderborn-Sennelager - so if he wants to go fishing I'd recommend that one, not sure where or if he needs a licence though.

As for Nico's grill stube, fantastic - not the sort of thing I can eat now though, especially a nicos special, I think my ticker would pack up at the sight of it!