Sennelager- possible job - whats it like to live there?

I’ve just been sounded out on a job at Sennelager, has anyone who has lived there recently got any good suggestions for where to live and what there is to do?

P

PrinceAlbert

Sennelager is shit. But there are some lovely areas within 20 mins drive of there.

Not been to Sennelager for 12 years but had a great few years and lived in Schloss Neuhaus between Sennelager and Paderbourn....are you going to live on the civvy net or have you got military MQ entitlement as I know people who tried to live out said it was costly on the renting of property round there. There are quite a few Ex pats on here who hopefully will give you a good heads up on living/working on civvy net though if you are....just don't buy a car from the con artist just outside STC and enjoy currywurst and pomme frites.

I’m single so won't get a quarter and been living in my own house (well 4 of them) for 15 years so don’t fancy being stuck in a pokey room on base, first thought is a rented flat or house share whist I rent out my place in UK but heard its expensive and wondered if anyone had any recommendations of areas etc.
Is there plenty to do off base there? – I am keen to get out and about.
Sods law in effect - I did French at school so just come from the education center looking for a crash course in German!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B The NAAFI Bar 11
Mighty_Blighty Jobs (Discussion) 13
Davros_the_Dalek The Intelligence Cell 2