Seniority due to TA/OTC service?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by ridingcrop, Dec 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If anyone out there does know, I would be grateful if you could answer this question I have:

I joint the OTC in September 2006, commissioned into the OTC in September 2007 (cat B commission), transferred to the TA (cat A commission) in April 2008 and then attended regular Sandhurst in 2009 commissioning in August 2010. This has been continued service with the same service number.

Do I gain any seniority for pay/promotion as a result of the service prior to Regular Sandhurst?

Apologies for the slight life story! Would be very useful to know.

Many thanks.

2. Doubtful throughout Sandhurst - it would be a matter of applying once out and it adds to your commissioned seniority. If I remember you used to get 1 third of a year per year of TA commissioned service - that TA year you had to get the bounty in. I don't recall Class B making any difference.

(having looked at similar many moons ago)

PS they don't HAVE to do it depends on all circumstances. The ony prior seniority guaranteed is if you sort it before signing the dotted line, ie teachers may in education AGC, I have known civpol get it in RMP etc.

3. msr

msr LE

I doubt it, as you would have had to resign your TA commission before Sandhurst.

msr

4. Simlarly how about for a OR from the TA - regular service? LCpl in TA - Pte in Reg army. What increment pay level would they enter at?

5. The RAF give 3 months seniority for every 1 year spent as a Reservist. But as they have stopped all navigator training....