Senior UK officer in Afghanistan completes tour

Discussion in 'Afghanistan' started by MoD_RSS, Sep 29, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

So farkin what. Does this put him in line for a few more honours? What about his soldiers?
  3. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

4. I've met General Parker a couple of times. He is a top bloke ( and has an account here... ).
  5. Does he - now we're really scared.................
  6. What about his son?
  7. Certainly collecting the bling.
  8. udipur

udipur LE Book Reviewer

I suppose that it's impossible that a chap of his stature might accept/wear the gongs for those he commanded?

Now that the cynics creep out of the shadows to post their anonymous tripe...

Mentioning his son... shame on you... more Wimpo_Wimpo to me...
  9. Have a go at MoD_RSS for his crap one liner, not the person in the article.... waiting for Deskie comes home from Afghan too, if someone will ever let me go on tour !!
  10. Concur with BB
    General Parker is a very nice bloke, I met him the year before last and he was a true gent.
    And based upon what his family went through when his son Harry became a serious casualty on Herrick I think there is a fair few that have a lot of respect for The General ,Captain Parker and all the family.
    Welcome Home Sir.
  11. Indeed.

Shame on me??

The snide here had a pop at General Parker by implying ("what about his soldiers? ) that he had an easy time out there.

Not only has he had a year in theatre flying the flag for the UKs Armed Forces ( 2 i/c in Afg ) , he has done so at a time when he had a member of his family VSI.

As SLP has put it; welcome home, Sir.
  12. Was he not also acting up as commander of all ISAF forces in Afghanistan before Petreaus took over in like of McCrytals fiasco?
  13. There are some pedantic little pricks in this thread.

High ranking officers make the news because they're high ranking officers. Asking "what about his blokes" is like asking "what about the rest of the party" when Cameron or Clegg is mentioned on TV.
  14. He was an extremely personable, very down to earth person, often seen eating with everyone else in the DFAC in the HQ. Well thought of here, for a man doing a very difficult job in difficult personal times. I'm delighted to see he's been promoted to 4*.
  15. udipur

udipur LE Book Reviewer

Fair do's - apologies if picked up the wrong end of the stick.

Wouldn't care in a month of Sundays to have gone through what he's had to and I remember meeting him a long time ago and also thinking what a decent bloke he was then - great to see he hasn't changed.